The Student Room Group

I really really want to learn further maths in 6 months...

Considering that I am on a gap year, if I wanted how likely is it for me to be able to learn all the fm content (with the decision module) in 6 months
(this is less time then I would have ideally allocated but my circumstances got in the way)

I'm willing to dedicate 4-5 hours a day of intense study.. but would this be enough to get at least a A in the A-level?

Would it be better for me to just do AS further mathematics and sit the modules most relevant for computer science?

(im applying to computer science at universities that don't state fm as a requirement on their website apart from Bath where it is recommended but I really really want to get into Bath)

As I have already sat my A-level ill give a bit of context, 3A* in chem bio maths. and 999999888 gcse (8's in eng lit, lang and spanish)

Also Bath recommends comp sci or fm so maybe comp sci a level/ AS is more achievable?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by omgwha
Considering that I am on a gap year, if I wanted how likely is it for me to be able to learn all the fm content (with the decision module) in 6 months
(this is less time then I would have ideally allocated but my circumstances got in the way)

I'm willing to dedicate 4-5 hours a day of intense study.. but would this be enough to get at least a A in the A-level?

Would it be better for me to just do AS further mathematics and sit the modules most relevant for computer science?

(im applying to computer science at universities that don't state fm as a requirement on their website apart from Bath where it is recommended but I really really want to get into Bath)

As I have already sat my A-level ill give a bit of context, 3A* in chem bio maths. and 999999888 gcse (8's in eng lit, lang and spanish)

Also I wanted to hear if people think that it would even be worth it as most universities im applying to don't mention further maths on the website and just mention maths. HOWEVERRR some are still competitive e.g Edinburgh and Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest