The Student Room Group

A Level Computer Science Tips and Advice

Just got my GCSE results and have been accepted into Brampton Manor Sixth Form. I have chosen MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, PHYSICS and COMPUTER SCIENCE and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to study well for these subjects (mainly comp sci).
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
If you can drop comp sci i would as the resources are quite sparce and doing this alevel wont get you into any unis as its not a required subject for any course. There are a few past papers on P&MT but i mainly bought a revision textbook and just memorised the content.
Reply 2
Original post by Cyion
If you can drop comp sci i would as the resources are quite sparce and doing this alevel wont get you into any unis as its not a required subject for any course. There are a few past papers on P&MT but i mainly bought a revision textbook and just memorised the content.

WHAT?! Comp sci is the subject I'm most interested in and would like to do a comp sci course in uni. Dropping it isn't an option 😂.

Thanks for the other advice though 👍
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mrtekkz
WHAT?! Comp sci is the subject I'm most interested in and would like to do a comp sci course in uni. Dropping it isn't an option 😂.

Thanks for the other advice though 👍

Hi, what grades did you get to study these subjects at Brampton? Also What are the lowest grades you think they accepted for this combo?
How are you finding it ?
Original post by mrtekkz
Just got my GCSE results and have been accepted into Brampton Manor Sixth Form. I have chosen MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, PHYSICS and COMPUTER SCIENCE and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to study well for these subjects (mainly comp sci).

woah, i did those exact same options. what exam board are you doing for all those subjects? if you're doing AQA for physics then hope they dont screw you over this time...

Quick Reply

Latest