The Student Room Group

Uni offers

I recently got interested into Computer science and software in yr12. The problem is, is that I never focused in yr11 for comp sci so I got a 3 and failed it. But in my gcses I mostly got 8s and 7s and like one or two 6s. Got an 8 in maths as well and I've seen that unis care a lot about maths for comp sci degrees rather than comp sci itself even though it's a recommended subject ofc. I just wanted to know if this would affect my offers for uni. I've went to a lot of events, residentials and programmes and stuff for my personal statement so do you think it'd be worth applying to a top uni like Imperial? I'm just annoyed with my comp sci gcse that's the only thing that's bothering me. I'm doing Bio Chem and Maths for A levels as I was initially interested in Medicine but realised I like comp sci and maths way more. I'm predicted A* in maths.
I think that it might... but the other issue might be the lack of Further Maths. Imperial and other top unis are so very competitive that without FM, I think your odds are reduced.
However, there are many excellent cs courses that are less competitive that would be much more achievable. Luckily, It doesn't really matter where you go for CS,

It might be worth referencing the GCSE result in your PS (or getting your teacher to do so in their ref) to explain your change of heart? Someone else would be better placed to advise on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending