The Student Room Group

Student accommodation

Hi is there any alternative to your average student accommodation, I don’t particularly like the idea of sharing a kitchen and toilet with other people 😅 but just wondering if there are any other options out there, thanks in advance.
Original post by Eth_drums
Hi is there any alternative to your average student accommodation, I don’t particularly like the idea of sharing a kitchen and toilet with other people 😅 but just wondering if there are any other options out there, thanks in advance.

It depends on the uni as to what's on offer. You can usually get rooms with an ensuite bathroom so that should solve one problem. Some unis also have studio apartments where you get your own kitchen but they cost a lot more. Also look at private student halls such as those run by Unite Student, Student Roost, IQ students, etc. If you move into a private let house in years 2-3, you will need to share a kitchen and probably a bathroom.
Hello,

There are a lot of different options available.:hide:

Room with ensuite in student accommodation

Studio (with your kitchen) in student accommodation/ private accommodation

House share with an ensuite (sharing kitchen with colleagues)

Your own apartment

Obviously the decision will be down to your budget, but from my experience where you live is an important part of your university adventure.

Good luck,
Haya
Original post by Eth_drums

Hi there,
There's so many options to choose from! If you don't like the idea of sharing a kitchen and toilet, you could look at studio accommodation which would give you your own self-contained living space but still allow you to live within a student community. We have a number of studio accommodations available across the UK. Alternatively, if you don't want to share a bathroom but would be willing to share a kitchen with a small number of people, you could look at an ensuite room. It's best to contact the student accommodation you're interested in before booking to check what their availability is like, as smaller flats tend to go quickly.

Hope this helps.

-Nicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending