The Student Room Group

What extra courses can I do for a Uni application in Computer Science

Hello,

I am currently in year 12 and I am planning to do a Computer Science degree and take the information security path and I was wondering if there are any known or reputed and "valid" courses and other certifications that I could do during my current school years that would be beneficial for my university application ( preferably coding courses and so on)

Please let me know if there would be such courses as its better if I could do something useful for uni when i still have my time left.

Thank you very much!!
Get super good at hack the box
Learn linux and cmd line
Create and deploy a large scale project related to jnformation security
Original post by d_ilxx
Hello,
I am currently in year 12 and I am planning to do a Computer Science degree and take the information security path and I was wondering if there are any known or reputed and "valid" courses and other certifications that I could do during my current school years that would be beneficial for my university application ( preferably coding courses and so on)
Please let me know if there would be such courses as its better if I could do something useful for uni when i still have my time left.
Thank you very much!!

Hello @d_ilxx,

It's great to see that you are thinking about your application early to prepare yourself!

At LIBF, we have prepared a computer science study guide for our students. This guide covers career prospects, salary expectations, how to prepare for a career in computer science and more! I think this will be a really interesting read for you - https://bit.ly/3TrrFLd

I hope that this is helpful!

Good luck 😊

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending