The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

Hi,
I was just wondering, if I’ve put a uni as my firm choice will they usually accept lower grades than what they initially asked for?
I applied to study Law with criminology at University of Leicester and their requirement is AAB, but will I get accepted if it’s slightly lower?
Reply 1
Original post by Raysaa
Hi,
I was just wondering, if I’ve put a uni as my firm choice will they usually accept lower grades than what they initially asked for?
I applied to study Law with criminology at University of Leicester and their requirement is AAB, but will I get accepted if it’s slightly lower?

Do you mean if they make you an offer at AAB but you get lower than that in your A-levels?

They have to take everyone that meets the terms of their offer. Once they know how many places (if any) they have left to fill, they can decide whether to accept people who missed the terms of their offer.
Reply 2
id ask the uni, but if you have met the entry requirements with your predictions, you shouldnt even be asking this. if you get your predictions, you will get in. if your predictions are above the requirements but you stlll meet the requirements, you will get in. Why would you get lower than that? sometimes they are a bit generous but i wouldn't bank on that, do the best you can to meet your predictions dont take the real exams easy . if there are any mitigating circumstances that you think will affect your performance you should let them know asap.
Original post by Nat4695
id ask the uni, but if you have met the entry requirements with your predictions, you shouldnt even be asking this. if you get your predictions, you will get in. if your predictions are above the requirements but you stlll meet the requirements, you will get in. Why would you get lower than that? sometimes they are a bit generous but i wouldn't bank on that, do the best you can to meet your predictions dont take the real exams easy . if there are any mitigating circumstances that you think will affect your performance you should let them know asap.

I have met the entry requirements with my predicted grades but I’m still asking just in case
Original post by martin7
Do you mean if they make you an offer at AAB but you get lower than that in your A-levels?
They have to take everyone that meets the terms of their offer. Once they know how many places (if any) they have left to fill, they can decide whether to accept people who missed the terms of their offer.

Oh okay that makes sense. Thank you
A university might accept you on lower grades but it isnt definite. It depends on other students results. In practice most universities accept a 1 or 2 grade drop but that cannot be guaranteed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending