The Student Room Group

Suspending PCGE for a Term

I am looking to suspend my PGCE at the end of my second term and return for my final term in September. What happens to my student finance? Am I still entitled to a tuition fee/maintenence loan?
Hi there. Once you suspend, the University will need to notify us of this. We will then block future payments. No payments will be made again until your University confirm you have resumed either in the same year or if this is the next year, you would need to reapply. Depending on your last payment date, an overpayment may occur. This will be taken off your entitlement for the next year. Thanks , David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. Once you suspend, the University will need to notify us of this. We will then block future payments. No payments will be made again until your University confirm you have resumed either in the same year or if this is the next year, you would need to reapply. Depending on your last payment date, an overpayment may occur. This will be taken off your entitlement for the next year. Thanks , David

What happens if the uni get my tuition fees for the final term? Would I have to pay them again when I resume?
Hi FOB1,

If you have been awarded a tuition fee loan then we will be able to pay your tuition fees when you resume

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi FOB1,
If you have been awarded a tuition fee loan then we will be able to pay your tuition fees when you resume
Thanks,
Calum

What happens if I am not given a tuition fee loan next year and my University have taken a tuition fee payment for the term that I am missing this year? Would it carry over?
Hi FOB1,

It wouldn't carry over. Your university should inform us of your tuition fee liability in the suspension notification and we will then pay this. If you are not awarded a tuition fee loan for a new application then you will need to self-fund the tuition fees.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending