The Student Room Group

Interrupting my studies

Hi Guys, I am going through a tough time and want to interrupt my studies. If I decide to interrupt student finance have already taken two term payments. So if I was reassessed would I have to pay the first two payments of that term and student finance will pay the last one. I do not have anymore gift years or resit years left anymore. I have maxed out on my funding.
Hi there. You you referring to your Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee. When did your Academic Year start and have you been attending at all? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. You you referring to your Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee. When did your Academic Year start and have you been attending at all? Thanks, Leah.

Tuition Fee.
When did your Academic Year start and have you attended the year at all? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
When did your Academic Year start and have you attended the year at all? Thanks, Leah.

2023/2024, two term payments. I am in second semester. Third payment not made.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Thanks. If you suspend during the 2nd term they are entitled to 50% of the fees, if you suspend at any time during the 3rd term, they are entitlement to 100% of the fees for the year.

If you do not have enough funding left to repeat the year when you return, then you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees. If you could not complete your course year due to personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded on your online account. The evidence depends on your personal circumstances. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Thanks. If you suspend during the 2nd term they are entitled to 50% of the fees, if you suspend at any time during the 3rd term, they are entitlement to 100% of the fees for the year.
If you do not have enough funding left to repeat the year when you return, then you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees. If you could not complete your course year due to personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded on your online account. The evidence depends on your personal circumstances. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year
Thanks, Leah.

Hi, since its 50% do i have to pay half and student finance will pay the other half since the third payment not gone through yet. Its due 1st of May 2024
So, 25% of the Fees are paid in term 1, 50% in term 2 and then the rest in term 3. If you suspend before the 3rd term they are only entitled to 50% of the fees. If you suspend in term 3 we will release the final term payment providing the university have told us you attended. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending