The Student Room Group

Teacher Training Funding

Hello,
I just wanted to ask that If I went on to doing a masters and applying for a masters/ postgraduate loan, then later If I wanted to embark on doing a PGCE teacher training, will I still be eligible for student finance funding (loan).
I do not know as I want to do a masters but then I also want to do teacher training. I just want to know whether I’ll still be eligible for SFE funding if I went on to a masters in the year 2024-2025. Then on the year 2025-2026 I went on to do teacher training.
Please do let me know.
Thank you
Hi there. Do you already hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? What is the name of the PCGE course? Which university would you be looking to study at? Is it full time or part time and how long would the course be?

Thanks, Leah,
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Do you already hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? What is the name of the PCGE course? Which university would you be looking to study at? Is it full time or part time and how long would the course be?

Thanks, Leah,

Hello Leah. Thank you for your reply. Actually I do not have QTS, but I do want to do a pgce in the years 2025-2026.
However, I also want to do a masters in the year 2024-2025. So all I wanted to know was that if I already do a masters and apply for a masters loan, can I still apply for the loan for teacher training after.
Original post by Nailaaaaa
Hello Leah. Thank you for your reply. Actually I do not have QTS, but I do want to do a pgce in the years 2025-2026.
However, I also want to do a masters in the year 2024-2025. So all I wanted to know was that if I already do a masters and apply for a masters loan, can I still apply for the loan for teacher training after.

Hi there,

PGCE courses are exempt from ELQ & previous study rules if the course of ITT is 2 years or less in duration & the student doesn't already hold QTS. This includes if the customer already holds a Masters qualification. They will remain eligible for full funding as long as they don't already have QTS.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending