The Student Room Group

Easter GCSE Science

What's the best way to restart all content for science but still having time for other subjects? How long should I revise everyday in Easter? How do I gain motivation?
Original post by AvneetMatharu
What's the best way to restart all content for science but still having time for other subjects? How long should I revise everyday in Easter? How do I gain motivation?

hi I posted some helpful info about how I revised for sciences etc on another post so I'll paste it here

the method i swear by that got me a grade 9 in bio and physics and one mark off a nine in chem was i would buy the REVISION guide version of the KERBOODLE textbook not the waffley cgp book. i would go through the book from the start and i'd have a pile of scrap paper with me. basically what i would do is id make the most concise notes i possible could but including all the key info on each page, i'd do it very scruffily because i wouldn't use these notes to revise from again, it's mainly the actual writing process that benefits you. the aim was to get an entire topic on one page, ignore the lines on lined paper trust me it works so much better when you pay less focus on the neatness of it and more on fitting it all on the page. i would do like the whole of B1 on one page but its okay if it went onto another its no biggie. for gcse my revision was 85% understanding the content and rewriting notes or model answers in bullet points. it honestly depends on the person about how many practice qs you do, for most people it is very important to do loads but for me after i used this method i barely did any, i would skim through a few past papers in 1 hr the day before the exam roughly. obviously don't do this if it genuinely doesn't work for you because every person has a different revision language but definitely do try it - a girl who i mentor at school in geography did this method and went from a grade 3/4 to a grade 7/8 in like 2 months. hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending