The Student Room Group

French GCSE

I am currently on a U for French and I am failing the most out of all subjects. Is there any way I can improve in 2 weeks.
It’s quite late but doing a lot of sessions on duolingo may help for basic terminology, and look online for key phrases. (For reference I do higher and got a 7 using higher phrases)
I’ll include some:
Il est dommage que - It is a pity that
Il est important que - It is important that
Avoir la flemme - lazy (idiom)
Malgre ce - despite that

Make sure before your exams you know how to change tenses, the pronouns of people and objects and phrases from each module you’ve been taught!!
Also, if you are doing the edexcel french, they have all of the french words to be included in each exam so highly recommend learning them!
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alissia.xo
It’s quite late but doing a lot of sessions on duolingo may help for basic terminology, and look online for key phrases. (For reference I do higher and got a 7 using higher phrases)
I’ll include some:
Il est dommage que - It is a pity that
Il est important que - It is important that
Avoir la flemme - lazy (idiom)
Malgre ce - despite that
Make sure before your exams you know how to change tenses, the pronouns of people and objects and phrases from each module you’ve been taught!!
Also, if you are doing the edexcel french, they have all of the french words to be included in each exam so highly recommend learning them!
Good luck :smile:

thanks
I would learn set phrases for more complex vocabulary that you can apply anywhere in writing or speaking. For listening and reading try and do some past papers to pick up vocabulary. I think it is far too late for Duolingo and you have to spend so much time on there to barely learn anything bar une homme eg une femme. If you can afford it you could try getting a tutor to help you but I appreciate this may not be an option. You could ask you french teacher to help tho if they are okay?
I hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by FrenchFencer
I would learn set phrases for more complex vocabulary that you can apply anywhere in writing or speaking. For listening and reading try and do some past papers to pick up vocabulary. I think it is far too late for Duolingo and you have to spend so much time on there to barely learn anything bar une homme eg une femme. If you can afford it you could try getting a tutor to help you but I appreciate this may not be an option. You could ask you french teacher to help tho if they are okay?
I hope this helps.

thanks willl do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending