The Student Room Group

39% similarity score.

I've just submitted my essay and I got a 39% similarity score, I'm a bit annoyed as I used my own words. I went to look at the similarity score and I saw there's a 13% mark for one quote, I inserted quotes at the end and referenced it but I forgot to put a quote mark at the beginning, is there anything I can do about this? Should I contact them? It's Easter break so my lecturers will be off on annual leave. I'm not worried but annoyed this happened.
Feel bad for me g, got 40% on Turnitin AI, fingers crossed they arent using the AI lmao

Also, dont stress they dont just use the score they will look at many things for example where it comes from and if its relavent for example if you are writing a geography paper on rocks and then a quote from a paper about the history of pakistani history came up then doesnt matter does it. langauge especialyl simply language is common.
Reply 2
Most of us are not on annual leave, we work through the breaks - but it is a weekend bookended by bank holidays so a response before Tuesday would be unlikely.

If the stuff is all cited then there's nothing to really worry about, similarly a single missing quotation mark is just a mistake. High similarity when everything is cited is just a sign of a middling essay. I wouldn't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest