The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Accommodation at uni - collier road

Has anyone booked their accommodation yet for ARU cambridge? I've just secured 17 collier road, just wanted to see if I can connect with others to say hi. I'm starting September 23 doing criminology and policing.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jaker-f
Has anyone booked their accommodation yet for ARU cambridge? I've just secured 17 collier road, just wanted to see if I can connect with others to say hi. I'm starting September 23 doing criminology and policing.

Hi, I'm at 21 Collier Road and am also starting in September 2023, for Psychology with Criminology.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by G.A.V
Hi, I'm at 21 Collier Road and am also starting in September 2023, for Psychology with Criminology.

Hi, we will probably have some classes together, and neighbours too! Do you know much about the houses? I didn't get a chance to view first...went for the cheapest in all honesty! They looked ok from pics
Reply 3
Original post by jaker-f
Hi, we will probably have some classes together, and neighbours too! Do you know much about the houses? I didn't get a chance to view first...went for the cheapest in all honesty! They looked ok from pics

Well, it depends what room you went for. They're all pretty similar, but the last room is in the loft conversion. There's around 3 toilets, 1 shower and (I think) 2 of the toilets have sinks. I'm not sure about all of the houses, because they are slightly different, but I think it's around that number.
Hi,
I've secured 17 Collier road too!.
I'm doing Criminoligy and Policing starting in September.
Did u attend the applicant day? .🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Indie2222
Hi,

Yes I did, did you go as well?
Original post by G.A.V
Yes I did, did you go as well?

Yes I did.
I went for the free hotdogs,
No jjk, Sat nearish the front in a green shirt.
Will be great staying with people on the same/similar course! .
hey, me and my friend both secured 39 collier road :smile:
Original post by vintagewhine

Awesome 😁, didnt see 39 ,glad I'm not the only one here who chose collier road, I just went for the cheapest option really it seemed ok for the price .
(edited 1 year ago)
Awesome 😁, didnt see 39 ,glad I'm not the only one here who chose collier road, I just went for the cheapest option really it seemed ok for the price .

yeah it seemed pretty good, very close to the back entrance too
Reply 10
Anyone else here at no.21?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
hey! I secured 7 collier road and as far as I can see it's currently me and one other person 😬 would love to know who that other person is?

I did see the accommodation beforehand & although I was a bit cautious about sharing, it seemed to go really well for the other people so fingers crossed mine goes amazing too!

Edit: I actually just realised I've completely chosen the wrong room? I could've sworn I chose large non-ensuite but apparently not. Does anyone know how I can change this as I don't want the room to be gone?!
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by faye248
hey! I secured 7 collier road and as far as I can see it's currently me and one other person 😬 would love to know who that other person is?

I did see the accommodation beforehand & although I was a bit cautious about sharing, it seemed to go really well for the other people so fingers crossed mine goes amazing too!

Edit: I actually just realised I've completely chosen the wrong room? I could've sworn I chose large non-ensuite but apparently not. Does anyone know how I can change this as I don't want the room to be gone?!

If the other room has already been taken, then you probably won't be able to. I would suggest getting into contact with the accommodation team ASAP. Good luck
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by G.A.V
If the other room has already been taken, then you probably won't be able to. I would suggest getting into contact with the accommodation team ASAP. Good luck

Thank you for your response, I managed to get in touch and got a medium non-ensuite :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by faye248
Thank you for your response, I managed to get in touch and got a medium non-ensuite :smile:

Good, I'm glad you got it sorted, and I'm glad I could help.
Reply 15
Hi,

Hi, sorry for delay, just been on here to check in. Amazing so we are in the same accommodation plus same course! I went along to the open day but haven't been back since. Do you want to catch up soon as we may be able to find out who else is in 17 collier to sort who's bringing what? Don't need 5 toasters and 5 kettles etc etc!
Reply 16
Original post by jaker-f
Hi, sorry for delay, just been on here to check in. Amazing so we are in the same accommodation plus same course! I went along to the open day but haven't been back since. Do you want to catch up soon as we may be able to find out who else is in 17 collier to sort who's bringing what? Don't need 5 toasters and 5 kettles etc etc!

Hi, no problem, yes that sounds like a great idea, probably will all save us all some money to!,I'm fine to talk on here but I can add you on other socials if this helps.
Reply 17
Sorry about the late reply don’t normally check student room.

Instagram is jaker_f
Snapchat is jravenfolley
Reply 18
Anyone here at no.21?
Reply 19
Original post by vintagewhine

I’m in 39 too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending