The Student Room Group
We had to do a context bit too. Most people did it COMPLETELY differently to me :redface: :confused:

Context just means background information, you need to set the scene etc. Write about how nationally the corner shop has declined and any theories/models that relate to your area of research.
Reply 2
SiAnY
We had to do a context bit too. Most people did it COMPLETELY differently to me :redface: :confused:

Context just means background information, you need to set the scene etc. Write about how nationally the corner shop has declined and any theories/models that relate to your area of research.

well you can just write about how nationally, increased mobility of consumers through increased car ownership etc. is causing a rise in larger chain supermarkets (esp out of town), and a decline in the profitability and therefore numbers of corner shops.
Yeah. I wrote about the increase in car ownership etc, for my study of shopping habits at at out-of-town centre.

Most other people in my class wrote their hypothesis and what they expected to find in their context section!
Reply 4
SiAnY
Yeah. I wrote about the increase in car ownership etc, for my study of shopping habits at at out-of-town centre.

Most other people in my class wrote their hypothesis and what they expected to find in their context section!

I got round all those problems by worshipping the mark scheme, and doing everything nicely under headings that were in the scheme. :biggrin: :wink:
Lol. I love the geography mark scheme usually, and it loves me too. :wink: Shame about sociology and biology, the mark schemes are ambiguous.
Reply 6
The teacher hates the mark schemes (AQA) as it's quite complicated.

Latest

Trending

Trending