The Student Room Group

Geography NEA ideas !!

I am currently working towards my geography NEA investigation!! My whole class have already worked out what it is that they are investigating, and i just have absolutely no idea where to start !!!😭 Could anyone give me any ideas please.

Scroll to see replies

Is there any specific topics on the specification that interest you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
I have been looking into regeneration in an area in leeds however my teacher told me that it is very hard to measure the success of regeneration so I am a bit lost😂😂
Original post by ML04XX
I have been looking into regeneration in an area in leeds however my teacher told me that it is very hard to measure the success of regeneration so I am a bit lost😂😂

if your area has been heavily regenerated then it won't be too hard tbh. i'm currently doing mine and it's about deprivation and how that affects students and stuff. if you would like to do human, i think the best topics would be regeneration, deprivation or gentrification!
Reply 4
Thank u so much !!
Reply 5
Original post by ML04XX
I am currently working towards my geography NEA investigation!! My whole class have already worked out what it is that they are investigating, and i just have absolutely no idea where to start !!!😭 Could anyone give me any ideas please.

hi there i got an A* in my geography coursework so i can help :smile:

i would suggest doing topics where you can get primary data easily whether thats through online surveys or getting quantitative data yourself. some ideas are house prices in contrasting areas, crime rates, how regeneration helped develop an area, even physical geography such as river discharge from 2 rivers, coastal management etc. message me if you need more help :smile:
Original post by SJ4076

i would suggest doing topics where you can get primary data easily whether thats through online surveys or getting quantitative data yourself. some ideas are house prices in contrasting areas, crime rates, how regeneration helped develop an area, even physical geography such as river discharge from 2 rivers, coastal management etc. message me if you need more help :smile:

hiya im thinking of doing my nea on regeration or gentrification but i have no idea what my sub headings/hypotheses would be
Reply 7
Original post by SJ4076

hi I am also currently working on my coursework, do you have anyway recommendations on how to get ppl to take my online survey - for reference in studying kings cross regeneration! thank you.
Reply 8
Original post by r.izwanaa
hiya im thinking of doing my nea on regeration or gentrification but i have no idea what my sub headings/hypotheses would be

hiii

regeneration/gentrification is a good field investigation topic, it might be a good idea to compare two areas where regeneration has took place as this can give you more information to work on. if you dont have two areas to compare, you can just do how gentrification is shown e.g. To what extent is there evidence of gentrification in the chosen areas.
Reply 9
Original post by co456778
hi I am also currently working on my coursework, do you have anyway recommendations on how to get ppl to take my online survey - for reference in studying kings cross regeneration! thank you.

hi there!

for my nea i did online surveys too since it was difficult to meet people, there are many websites available to use, then i posted these onto social media groups that were relevant to my study. i focused on a specific town so i searched this town on social media platforms to find groups and people who could do my online survey.
Hello!!

I know it's been a year since this thread started but if anyone can spare some help it'd be great!

I know it seems really simple, but I'm struggling with my introduction and it seems like I'm the only one who isn't able to get it done in my class - any tips from you guys?
Original post by Comingtotalk
Hello!!

I know it's been a year since this thread started but if anyone can spare some help it'd be great!

I know it seems really simple, but I'm struggling with my introduction and it seems like I'm the only one who isn't able to get it done in my class - any tips from you guys?

hey so basically if i remember correctly i did my nea on deprivation and how it affects the success of students in education. for my introduction I defined the key idea of my project, so in my case 'deprivation' and I spoke about how it is measured in England. Then it is important to include around 3 key enquiry questions that you will be answering throughout your project that will help determine a conclusion to your overall project question. Also, in your intro include some maps showing your areas of research and explain why you chose those specific areas. Your intro doesn't have to be too long, mine was about 500 to 600 words if I remember correctly. Hope this helps! Good luck XD
Original post by Ikrxm_04
hey so basically if i remember correctly i did my nea on deprivation and how it affects the success of students in education. for my introduction I defined the key idea of my project, so in my case 'deprivation' and I spoke about how it is measured in England. Then it is important to include around 3 key enquiry questions that you will be answering throughout your project that will help determine a conclusion to your overall project question. Also, in your intro include some maps showing your areas of research and explain why you chose those specific areas. Your intro doesn't have to be too long, mine was about 500 to 600 words if I remember correctly. Hope this helps! Good luck XD

Thank you!! I appreciate your help!!

Hello,
Im going to the Lake district with my A level geography class as a field trip for our NEA investigation.Do you guys have any ideas for what my investigation could be on?
how did you measure the success of education?

hey, how did you collect primary data on this?!
Reply 16
Original post by ML04XX

hey I assume u have finished this and just wanted to ask what u ended up doing / how? and what primary data collection did u do
Reply 17
Original post by Manny.28
how did you measure the success of education?

Yes.
Reply 18
Hello!!

I could also do with some help please.
(edited 11 months ago)
Hello!!

Ive just started my NEA and im currently searching for topics to do it on right now but its difficult since with regenration its hard to measure. I dont know what to do. How did you find ur NEA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending