The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2009

Scroll to see replies

I've accepted my Bath offer :smile: Anyone know when the day you can start applying for accommodation is?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
littlemiss-sunshine
I've accepted my Bath offer :smile: Anyone know when the day you can start applying for accommodation is?

On the web-site it says in June but the date isn't comfirmed yet
Reply 82
JohnnyHouse
What's good about Westwood?

It sounds like the most sociable and you get these little shower pod things (I think, but I also heard they might be getting rid of them?)
Mcjazz
It sounds like the most sociable and you get these little shower pod things (I think, but I also heard they might be getting rid of them?)

Yeh I have heard that, i've also read some might be being kept in, I have no idea, I think the price is going up on all the accomodation according to the predicted prices for 2009
Reply 84
JohnnyHouse
Yeh I have heard that, i've also read some might be being kept in, I have no idea, I think the price is going up on all the accomodation according to the predicted prices for 2009

Mm I think that's the same everywhere though. Where do you think you'll apply? I don't even know the names of the others, so if we have to give more than one choice uh oh! :redface:
Mcjazz
Mm I think that's the same everywhere though. Where do you think you'll apply? I don't even know the names of the others, so if we have to give more than one choice uh oh! :redface:

lol Yeh you have to give two choices, if I go ensuite then Malborough or Solsbury, shared will be in Westwood somewhere, i'm unsure what to have
We applied for accommodation in june last year, I remember cos I had an exam in the morning, so was later applying for it!

As for where to apply to. Personally, I don't think any of the residences are more social or anything than any of the others. It just depends on who your house / flatmates end up being. Personally, I feel the westwood pod rooms are too small, but that's just personal preference. I thought I wouldn't really like sharing a shower and toilet at the start of the year, but it really hasn't been an issue. I've had to wait for the toilet once or twice, and never had to wait for the shower.

One thing maybe to consider is that if your on an O2 phone contract, apply for westwood. You can barely get signal in quite a lot of the eastwood houses (I have to be leaning out of my window lol), or in woodland court (not sure about Solsbury and Marlborough).
Reply 87
WelshBluebird
We applied for accommodation in june last year, I remember cos I had an exam in the morning, so was later applying for it!

As for where to apply to. Personally, I don't think any of the residences are more social or anything than any of the others. It just depends on who your house / flatmates end up being. Personally, I feel the westwood pod rooms are too small, but that's just personal preference. I thought I wouldn't really like sharing a shower and toilet at the start of the year, but it really hasn't been an issue. I've had to wait for the toilet once or twice, and never had to wait for the shower.

One thing maybe to consider is that if your on an O2 phone contract, apply for westwood. You can barely get signal in quite a lot of the eastwood houses (I have to be leaning out of my window lol), or in woodland court (not sure about Solsbury and Marlborough).

O2 signal is fine in Solsbury :smile:
Helloooo! I'm here, any questions - do ask (please quote so I can find your post) :smile:
tanusha-tomsk
Helloooo! I'm here, any questions - do ask (please quote so I can find your post) :smile:

How come your so sexy?
tanusha-tomsk

Hi :smile: I'm going to Bath to do economics next year and you did exactly the same A levels as me as well, I haven't found anyone else with that combination! Have you done/are you doing the year in industry?
Reply 91
got an offer today
bath is my insurance now :wink:
littlemiss-sunshine
Hi :smile: I'm going to Bath to do economics next year and you did exactly the same A levels as me as well, I haven't found anyone else with that combination! Have you done/are you doing the year in industry?

Hi Little Miss Sunshine :smile:

That is a very rare combination, I've never met anyone with those A-Levels either!

I was going to do the year in industry but not anymore. I've had to take a double Gap year and am still working for the firm part-time, so don't fancy another year out of education, doesn't really make sense. Funnily enough we had out first placement talk today, they seem to be hopefull inspite of the recession! The placement is an awesome opportunity and I would definitely recommend it, especially if you haven't had a Gap year. Working can be fun :p:
JohnnyHouse
How come your so sexy?

:smile:
Reply 94
I've firmed Bath!! :smile:
Reply 95
have accepted bath as my firm to study chemistry-cant wait to start :biggrin:
Reply 96
I got an unconditional offer from Chemistry with Management and so I'm coming to Bath and am so excited... I am now in Africa and have been traveling throughout for quite some time. Bath was the only uni I've applied to for a chem related course. All the others were econ but I was so keen on going to bath that I am prepared to do, and am sure I'll love, the course I have been accepted for.

If given the chance to change to do Economics and Int Development I would jump at it. The reason being that my travels in Africa have highlighted my passion for Development studies and I really feel it is what I want to do.

Does anyone have any idea whether it will be possible to change?

Should I speak to my Director of Studies asap, should I email the departments now??

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks so much

T
Reply 97
have accepted by offer! cant wait to start :biggrin:
Reply 98
...firmed bath
waheyyy
Reply 99
t.hooper
I got an unconditional offer from Chemistry with Management and so I'm coming to Bath and am so excited... I am now in Africa and have been traveling throughout for quite some time. Bath was the only uni I've applied to for a chem related course. All the others were econ but I was so keen on going to bath that I am prepared to do, and am sure I'll love, the course I have been accepted for.

If given the chance to change to do Economics and Int Development I would jump at it. The reason being that my travels in Africa have highlighted my passion for Development studies and I really feel it is what I want to do.

Does anyone have any idea whether it will be possible to change?

Should I speak to my Director of Studies asap, should I email the departments now??

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks so much

T

I think you should ask, they can't take your existing offer away... so its worth a try?

Im sure that whatever you do, it wont close the opportunity to work in what you want to do in the future...:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest