The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from Bath application?

Hi everyone!

I’m still waiting for a decision from Bath for psychology with work placement (F111). I have all 4 of my other offers. I am predicted A*AB but fall under many contextual categories to the point I think it’s possible I can get an offer (standard is A*AA).

However I am certain in my decision of firming Southampton uni - it’s closer to home, lower grade boundaries that I think are safer, course is incredibly flexible which I love. I can also afford an en suite at Southampton which I can’t at Bath - I really need this due to medical issues. Overall I love the Southampton and absolutely feel it is the place for me. They want ABB (contextual offer)

I’m considering withdrawing from Bath so I can do my firm and insurance now (late Feb). I’d like to get this part of the UCAS process out of the way tbh so I can sort of stop thinking about it - I know that if I do get an offer from Bath I’ll be declining anyway. It’s an amazing university however I do have my heart set elsewhere

I know Bath do advise against withdrawing and I have received an email saying my application is being processed so I’m not sure if this is a good idea? My mum has also advised me to wait jic, however she’s not familiar with the uni application process (I’m a first gen applicant)

Thank you all in advance :smile:
Wait

You shouldn’t be picking a firm and insurance on UCAS until April at the earliest.

Relax, visit your choices if they invite you and make your replies on UCAS at Easter (even if you’re sure there’s nothing to gain by doing things in a rush).
You have precisely nothing to gain by withdrawing. Just wait and decide later, even if you are feeling sure about this. No rush at all.
Reply 3
As above - you gain nothing by doing this.

Unis are not 'impressed' by how quickly you Firm them.
And most of the people wailing 'I made the wrong choice' will be folk who simply made their choices far too early,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending