The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are you offended by Islam?

Scroll to see replies

numb3rb0y
Why are you assuming I'm only capable of caring about one group of people?

Because you keep on going about how bad islam is without any true knowledge of the religion.

All i want to say is that people have the right to belive in whatever they want to belive in and we all need to respect other values and belives not just criticize them without any true knowlegede. This will only spread hatred and misunderstandings between people.:rolleyes:
abc_123456789
Because you keep on going about how bad islam is without any true knowledge of the religion.

All i want to say is that people have the right to belive in whatever they want to belive in and we all need to respect other values and belives not just criticize them without any true knowlegede. This will only spread hatred and misunderstandings between people.:rolleyes:

Your freedom of conscience doesn't inhibit my right to call your beliefs wrong when they're wrong. I will not respect the values of a religion that institutionalises a best separate but equal sexism, homophobia, barbaric criminal penalties, and prohibitions on individual liberty. The very idea of doing so is repugnant to me.

Incidentally, I do not "keep going on about how bad Islam is". It's hardly a shocker that I'm posting my views on Islam in threads about Islam, is it?
Reply 82
munir
all i wanna say 2 all u losers out ere...ur all fukin racist kunts..all u moderators i dnt giv a **** if u ban me...how d fuk can u ban ME wen u got people on dis ****** STUDENT room bringin up **** bout religion u get me..its fukin racist..talk bou human rights ..my fukin ass..luk at urselfs b4 u judge othas..dnt generalise coz believe me people comiting suicide is NOT MUSLIM...u fink dis is wat islam teaches..open ur eyes...get off ur fukin backsides and do ur own research..visit mosques talk 2 real scholars..or r u scared of gettin blown up..callin us terorists....u lot r so biased...luk at wat america n britain r doin..ye im a proud british kunt...god forgive me 4 dat...buh talkin bou us being terrorists...bush n blair der d real fukin terorists...causing havoc in dis world 4 no reason...if u people gt sutin 2 say..dnt say it behind d computer screen..get in d real world n speak...coz u lot r talkin witout any thought..fink b4 u speak....its people lyk u dat cause hurt upon people...coz ur so selfish n c any brown skin person n u label dem terorists..god help u people honestly...I WILL PRAY 4 U

izlam iz a religion open 2 all racez, so how can it be racizt?

What a glorious example of a Muslim. These are the kind of people that give Islam a bad name.
munir
u mke me laugh mate....dnt judge ... wen u c white and blACK people on roads actin lyk thugs treatin gals lyk toys ... ders white people dat r rapists..yes rape WOMEN....ABUSE yung girls n yet u hav the balls 2 question equality and verbally attack islam and there teachas.... mate dnt mke me laugh ..i wna say things buh im gna control myself coz i dnt wnt 2 luk lyk a little gangsta coz das not wat i perceive myself 2 b..however if u got a problem..mate im from forest gate...u wnt 2 settle matters b my guest

Abuse young girls, eh? Sorta like Muhammad and Aisha?
numb3rb0y
Abuse young girls, eh? Sorta like Muhammad and Aisha?

Not at all. He used the word "abuse", not "marry, and treat with respect and kindness".
Reply 85
munir
u mke me laugh mate....dnt judge ... wen u c white and blACK people on roads actin lyk thugs treatin gals lyk toys ... ders white people dat r rapists..yes rape WOMEN....ABUSE yung girls n yet u hav the balls 2 question equality and verbally attack islam and there teachas.... mate dnt mke me laugh ..i wna say things buh im gna control myself coz i dnt wnt 2 luk lyk a little gangsta coz das not wat i perceive myself 2 b..however if u got a problem..mate im from forest gate...u wnt 2 settle matters b my guest

Are you some sort of illiterate Chav-Muslim hybrid?

Oh and threats behind a computer screen are PATHETIC.

What an abomination.
tazarooni89
Not at all. He used the word "abuse", not "marry, and treat with respect and kindness".

Also "have sex with when nine years old".
Reply 87
Alias__
I'm not offended by Islam and I respect people's religions but I do agree that I don't think Islam has a place in British society

So being a Muslim, I should either leave my religion or get out of your country? (Of course it's not my country, with my Islam and everything...)
numb3rb0y
Also "have sex with when nine years old".

Her age at the time is unknown. There are many historians who believe she was around 14-15.

And where exactly does "abuse" come into it?

Just because most people who have sex with young people are raping them, that doesn't mean to say that everybody is.
Reply 89
munir
all i wanna say 2 all u losers out ere...ur all fukin racist kunts..all u moderators i dnt giv a **** if u ban me...how d fuk can u ban ME wen u got people on dis ****** STUDENT room bringin up **** bout religion u get me..its fukin racist..talk bou human rights ..my fukin ass..luk at urselfs b4 u judge othas..dnt generalise coz believe me people comiting suicide is NOT MUSLIM...u fink dis is wat islam teaches..open ur eyes...get off ur fukin backsides and do ur own research..visit mosques talk 2 real scholars..or r u scared of gettin blown up..callin us terorists....u lot r so biased...luk at wat america n britain r doin..ye im a proud british kunt...god forgive me 4 dat...buh talkin bou us being terrorists...bush n blair der d real fukin terorists...causing havoc in dis world 4 no reason...if u people gt sutin 2 say..dnt say it behind d computer screen..get in d real world n speak...coz u lot r talkin witout any thought..fink b4 u speak....its people lyk u dat cause hurt upon people...coz ur so selfish n c any brown skin person n u label dem terorists..god help u people honestly...I WILL PRAY 4 U

Shut up you terroist.
Reply 90
munir
im standin up 4 my religion..luk at all u people on ere talkin rubbish....aint u gt nutin betta 2 do..u get me...ye of corse islam is open 2 evry1 and evry race...buh u lot r not have a normal discussion...y d fuk wud u start a thread called ARE U OFFENDED BY ISLAM...ur jus askin fukin askin 4 it..moderators im waitin 4 u..eitha ban me or close dis **** down..u know wat im outta ere..god will deal with u..may god hve mercy upon all of u..peace

haha

Are you the kind of person that strangles an old granny with one hand, and reads the Quran with the other?
munir
[Translated version]You make me laugh, my friend. Do not judge. When you see white and black people on the road, attacking each other like thugs, and treating girls like toys... There are white people that are rapists. Yes. They rape women. They abuse young girls and yet, you! You have have the audacity to question equality and you verbally attack Islam and their teachers! Do not make me laugh my chum! I am struggling to control myself, I am so maddened! I fear looking like a gangster as that is not what I perceive myself to be. However! If you have a problem, well then friend, I am from Forest Gate. If you wish to roll up your selves and take this outside, be my guest, good sir!

Errr. Let me get this right: Because some black and white (and, surely asian?) men rape, I cannot criticise them or the societies that suppress women? Why would that be? One might almost think that you're implying that I am a rapist (and thus I would be a hypocrite for criticising), or, perhaps, races are fused together, so that as some white and black people are rapists, I bear some of the blame for it. Now, lets be honest, you're a little bit racist.
tazarooni89
Her age at the time is unknown. There are many historians who believe she was around 14-15.

And where exactly does "abuse" come into it?

Just because most people who have sex with young people are raping them, that doesn't mean to say that everybody is.

You're seriously suggesting that a nine year old is capable of consenting?
Reply 93
As has been mentioned, it's not Islam itself (Christianity and any other form of organised religion is just as bad), but just the extremely narrow interpretation of it by most Muslims that offends me. But, again, it's not just Islam.
Yes, but I am just as offended by Christianity, Judaism and most other religions.
✈ ▌▌
Ruhell
And becasue of that lets kill all the muslims in the UK and wipe out Islam altogether. :rolleyes:

Hmm i'd like to see the effect that would have on the UK.
Reply 97
hannah17clg

I was being sarcastic. Im against the Islamaphobia threads. :biggrin:
Reply 98
hannah17clg

Well there's quite a few unemployed at the moment! :eyeball:

Jokes.
numb3rb0y
You're seriously suggesting that a nine year old is capable of consenting?

consent
noun permission or agreement.
verb 1 give permission. 2 agree to do

I'm not ruling out the possibility.

How do you know she was nine anyway?

Latest

Trending

Trending