The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is this a student forum...

Scroll to see replies

Chattykatty88
If no-one can see the benefit of university? People ON HERE are like, oh university's a huge unjustifiable debt, people who don't go to university will graduate and probably be happier and earn more than you without the debt, blah blah blah. If that's the case, why are you marying around on the 'Student' room and why aren't you all doing your apprenticeships in plumbing or whatever? It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.

there are people of all ages on here, so i have noticed.
a majority of members are here for the academic side and other use it as a procas. tool :smile:
Yusuf.T
ive always wondered why is this a student forum when almost half of the people here are complete idiots. i mean have you seen some of the threads on here?

A bit random, but I just laughed at your sig :p: thought I should say :biggrin:
cpj1987
We're not all like that :smile:

yes, the majority of us are not all like that, ive been on tsr a month now and havent encountered no one like that
Reply 43
Expo
Chattykatty88, you have one serious attitude problem. Or else you are some keyboard warrior out here to look for some trouble - which one is it?

After following your comments earlier on a thread relating to going to uni, it just gets better and better, or should that be worse and worse, the content of some of your posts is quite laughable!

You need to understand, and understand quite quickly, for your own sake as well as everyone else's on these forums that we are not all destined to go to university, I, although I have applied for university have absolutely no desire to go to uni at all.
Have you ever considered that some people such as myself know ourselves well enough to know that we wouldn't like uni, whether it be the work, the atmosphere....whatever.
I don't understand what your massive complex and ego about going to uni eminates from, however you seriously need to get over yourself.
Have you ever considered opening your mind? I am gobsmacked to see such arrogance and such condescending behaviour from your posts, have you ever had a job? At my part-time job almost everyone working there has at least studied to A level standard, and several are still working at the shop part-time despite having a degree, simply for the hell of it.
Some people gain enjoyment through doing something they find fun, this does not always involve university and a degree.

There are literally hundreds of universities in the country, anyone of any academic ability can in theory go to uni, albeit a crap one.

Just a few points to bear in mind, particularly in your subsequent posts (no doubt you'll neg rep me for speaking my mind [and the truth!])

Example? My opinions are always honest and upfront. No faffing around with me. Why is that 'laughable'?
Reply 44
Chattykatty88
Example? My opinions are always honest and upfront. No faffing around with me. Why is that 'laughable'?

It doesn't matter how honest you are about your opinions, they're still laughable ones. :p:
Reply 45
cpj1987
It doesn't matter how honest you are about your opinions, they're still laughable ones. :p:

Like what? They are honest and upfront. I do think people who don't go to uni are slightly inferior, and I do think that they're not aiming high. Why is that 'laughable'?
Reply 46
Chattykatty88
Like what? They are honest and upfront. I do think people who don't go to uni are slightly inferior, and I do think that they're not aiming high. Why is that 'laughable'?

Well, why is it not?
Reply 47
cpj1987
Well, why is it not?

Because it's true? :confused:
Reply 48
Chattykatty88
Because it's true? :confused:

No it isn't. People have different aims and aspirations in life - that doesn't make them inferior/superior.
Reply 49
Listen chattykatty88, you are allowed to have your own opinions but you need to listen to others and respect them. You are not always right. You may look down on people for not going to university but people who have made a good living after not going to university may look down on you as there is a possibility of them having a better standard of life. I don't agree with this but some people will see money as better than an education. You obviously want an education and well done for going to University to pursue this aim but others may aim to start a business and go in another direction and so well done to them. Stop making threads like this, learn to listen to peoples ideas and stop thinking you are better than people because with an attitude like that you are not.
Reply 50
I recall an example when I was on holiday, of meeting a bloke in his 80's, who'd never gone to university or even done A-levels, he just became an apprentice in a workshop after finishing his GCSE's.

At the point when I'd met him, he'd been the CEO of about 3 major engineering businesses, was retired and going on luxury cruises twice a year, and was a millionaire.

Now I personally would like to go to university, but just because someone doesn't go that doesn't mean they don't aim high =P
Chattykatty88

Feisty little muffincake, aren't ya? :wink:
Chattykatty88

What a joke. There are lots of people who are extremely driven and prefer to start their own business, get up in the career ladder or do an apprenticeship as opposed to doing yet more academic study at university. Quite how this makes them inferior, particularly when a large proportion of university students do **** all anyway, I shall never know.

Latest

Trending

Trending