The Student Room Group

AQA A Module 4 (PA04) - Discussion [with notes!]

Hey there, didn't see a thread on this, so thought I might as well start one.

How is revision going for everyone? It's one hell of a big syllabus, and mine is going okayish at the moment...past papers are always catching me out with one thing or another though.

I've attached the revision booklet that we got from our physics tutor, so it's 14 pages of concise notes that you can use to brush up on random things. It doesn't contain everything, but it's been a good help to me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im so not looking forward to this exam!! Im starting to feel ok with the multiple choice questions but when i get a long written question about resonance or shm, i start to panick.
<(". )>

How is revision going for everyone? It's one hell of a big syllabus, and mine is going okayish at the moment...past papers are always catching me out with one thing or another though.

I've attached the revision booklet that we got from our physics tutor, so it's 14 pages of concise notes that you can use to brush up on random things. It doesn't contain everything, but it's been a good help to me!

Those notes look good. I am not doing this specification though.
Reply 3
It doesnt look like too many people are sitting this exam compared to a similar thread which is based on CHM4 and currently has about 13 pages.
Faith01
It doesnt look like too many people are sitting this exam compared to a similar thread which is based on CHM4 and currently has about 13 pages.

Yep that's true.
Reply 5
<(". )>

Not looking forward to this exam at all :frown:
It's one of them exams where i feel i know everything about it...then the exam questions come and i dont have a clue where to start! :mad:

Thanks for the notes, im sure they will come in helpful during tomorrows cramming!
Reply 6
Argh I'm going to fail I think :frown: I've been revising every day since Thursday for like 8 hours each day, but I feel that every time I learn something, I forget something else :frown: I'm doing well in the multiple questions paper, usually getting around 12/15 for that, but it's section B I'm worried about :frown:
Reply 7
I am also sitting the exam and worrying about the sheer volume of infromstion you have to have stored in your head. As far as the questions themselves, I do not think that they are difficult, you just have to know everything!
Reply 8
I am doing this paper aswell and them notes have helped alot. Thanks for posting them.

As for the paper, section a is fine but i hate the explaination questions in section b
Reply 9
Just done June 08 paper, think I did alright except I missed the whole of one question on electromagnetic stuff! Think it's obvious what I need to revise! Just need to find the mark scheme...then onto another paper.
I'm really not looking forward to it tomorrow! When you think you just about know everything, something else crops up!

...PLUS I have Maths C4 in the afternoon too! Arghhhh!
Reply 11
Phobia27
Just done June 08 paper, think I did alright except I missed the whole of one question on electromagnetic stuff! Think it's obvious what I need to revise! Just need to find the mark scheme...then onto another paper.

How was the June 08 paper?

Havnt been able to find that one.
June okay was okay; no capacitors stuff...

Noticed a trend that capacitors only seem to come up in January, so it may be worth a good going over... also, it seems that it alternates between nuclear theory/calculations each season... June tends to be theory, January for calculations.

Just things I've noticed whilst I've been revising, or rather... distracted from revising!
Reply 13
If there is one thing that annoyes me in this unit is questions about maxima and minima and finding out the wavelength from a diagram???
Toxic
If there is one thing that annoyes me in this unit is questions about maxima and minima and finding out the wavelength from a diagram???

you can use λ=wsd\lambda = \frac {ws}{d} for that.
Reply 15
no its not one of those, its a different one i encountered on a june 05 paper
Reply 16
And also, will there ever be a question on waves in an open and closed pipe?
Toxic
no its not one of those, its a different one i encountered on a june 05 paper

Link to the question?
dnt worry guys ... it wont b hard... :p:

Latest