The Student Room Group
Woah? You only just starting? lol i've done mine and handed it in already.
Reply 2
WHAT? you finished? omg our school is behind.
Reply 3
We handed ours in before Christmas, he marked them over the holidays, we've got them back to make any changes before the final deadline.

Some of the marks go towards "rationale", which apparently means why you chose to do that subject. A couple of my friends worked at the hospital as housekeepers, so investigated the effect of changing the concentration of bleach on the growth of bacteria. I'm a bit sadistic and like giving drugs to my "friends", so investigated the effect of the dose of caffeine on short term memory, reaction times and blood pressure. I didn't write this reasoning though, I put something about the Daphnia experiment from year 12, and wanting to find out about other effects of caffeine.

So really, just think about what you do as work, or what sort of experiments you've enjoyed doing before. But remember you have to explain it to A-level standard, so you can't just say "giving people more caffeine makes them hyper because it's a stimulant", you have to explain about synapses and receptors and antagonists...I still don't understand what I wrote, but I think I blagged it ok :smile:
Reply 4
oh wow synapses and all that. i need to do some extensive research lol
Reply 5
Oh my days, you've handed it in? Our teacher, just last lesson before our Jan exam (which was SO easy, it's unbelievable, they gave you 3 marks for matching up who's theory on evolution was who's...)

Anyway! yeah we've just been handed 1million sheets from our teachers, examples, and to be completely honest, it makes no sense. I would want to do something lab based, because i've applied to do Mchem for uni, which is what I love! But ecology and shrimp and stuff like that? eurgh, can't think of anything worse, so boring!

So i'm unsure too, my teachers suggesting osmosis of potatoes. Yes you can see what a great teacher we've had for the past 1yr and a half. Oh did i forget to tell you he also started this years A2 course, doing the wrong topics for a month? So yeah, I know respiration like the back of my hand, too bad I don't need it yet! valuable time I could've been doing my coursework, or work for Jan's exam!

Rant over!

Latest

Trending

Trending