The Student Room Group

Help urgently .... Gcse pe or dt

I am aleady taking art , business, french
i cant decide whether i should take pe or dt please whoever has taken them both tell me which one .

I originally was debating between art and dt and chose art now i am debating between dt and pe
thank you in advanceeee
I did DT but not PE. Obviously there's coursework for both, I've heard there's a quite a lot for pe, and for dt (aqa) it was designing and making the product, which counted for 50% of the final grade (in 2019)
I did both dt and art, and although there was quite a bit of work at times, I found that art really helped my dt and vice versa. On the whole I found it a relatively nice subject
Have you any thoughts on what you might like to do for A levels/uni/career etc?
Reply 2
Original post by user4535teeth
I am aleady taking art , business, french
i cant decide whether i should take pe or dt please whoever has taken them both tell me which one .

I originally was debating between art and dt and chose art now i am debating between dt and pe
thank you in advanceeee

I took DT but there is sooo much course work. Like we have to fill 40 A2 pages in size 7 font which is ridiculous. I didn’t take PE but I know there’s a lot of cross over between biology and Pe if you like biology. Not sure what you have to do for coursework. With tech, the revision for exams I found especially hard because there’s so much. Depends what career path your heading down?
Reply 3
Dt- Taking along side art may be very helpful with the drawing aspect. There is a lot of coursework- 50% of the grade! But everyone who I know (myself included) who has taken it has really enjoyed it. As long as you can stick to deadlines the coursework will be manageable.
PE- not as much coursework. Lots of biology crossovers (but can't use biology terminology in answers). Theory and practical lessons. From what I've heard very enjoyable lesson for sporty people!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by srxsin
this thread is a year old...

Oh...oh well lol, nothing like being a bit ignorant 🫥
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest