The Student Room Group
Was thinking about it but don't really know if I can be bothered now lol...I don't know if many people are aware of their vac scheme applications as the dates for application are a bit strange, but that can only be an advantage as it means less competition! lol...have you done the application yet?
xxbutterbeanxx
Was thinking about it but don't really know if I can be bothered now lol...I don't know if many people are aware of their vac scheme applications as the dates for application are a bit strange, but that can only be an advantage as it means less competition! lol...have you done the application yet?

Yes I sent it off the other day but still no acknowledgement of receipt or anything. The form isn't that easy to fill in by computer because of the way some fo the boxes are formatted!
yes I know, it's a bit of a pain really! I see your going for q lot of the American firms? What firms have you applied to?
xxbutterbeanxx
yes I know, it's a bit of a pain really! I see your going for q lot of the American firms? What firms have you applied to?

Did Debevoise, rejected from Latham, White & Case, Dewey LeBoeuf, Cleary Gottlieb and got rejected after interview at WGM.

Waiting on Dechert and Jones Day
Are you American by any chance? Lol, have you applied to any British firms? Fingers crossed for you for Dechert, especially as the interview is really quite straightforward and the written exercise isn't too bad either x
The form is a ruddy nightmare, just having a go now. Did you lot resort to pen for certain sections, as there are some boxes which I can't even get a cursor to appear in (if that makes sense).
lol that's what I was thinking...and is also one of the reasons I don't know if I can be bothered to apply! lol...I mean, if both me and you are having that problem, I am sure everyone else is so just go for the pen! x
Managed to get the cursor in now (ooh er missus), but the lines are all to ****, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to have it looking a mess like that. Pleasingly few competency questions though. Out of interest, is the general consensus that US firms are looking for academics above all else? That would seem to be the case from the form.
dalianatkinson
Managed to get the cursor in now (ooh er missus), but the lines are all to ****, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to have it looking a mess like that. Pleasingly few competency questions though. Out of interest, is the general consensus that US firms are looking for academics above all else? That would seem to be the case from the form.

Umm I'm not really sure; I had my interview with Dechert today and she quizzed me on my modules more than anything else! Nothing about my extra-curriculars really, but I tried to make my answers quite competency based so she wouldn't quiz me otherwise lol...The interviewer was really interested in my A Levels (I did Maths, Chemistry, Physics and English Lit and took them all to A2) and they asked me to bring confirmation/certificates of my A levels and universty first year modules so I guess they are pretty important. I got a mid 2.1 in my first year (studying law) which I didn';t think would compare well to other applicants but I guess not. With the Dechert interview, she said the written exercise weighed about 50% compared with the interview so I think intellectual ability (if you can really call it that from a written exercise) is probably quite important. Sorry for the waffle!
No no, the waffle was interesting! I'm non-law and 4th year anyway, so I'm a long way down the line compared to you. Can't imagine the interviewer would have much knowledge of my modules though.
Lol..... maybe their weird formatting of the boxes is a test to see how you cope with it?!
xxbutterbeanxx
Umm I'm not really sure; I had my interview with Dechert today and she quizzed me on my modules more than anything else! Nothing about my extra-curriculars really, but I tried to make my answers quite competency based so she wouldn't quiz me otherwise lol...The interviewer was really interested in my A Levels (I did Maths, Chemistry, Physics and English Lit and took them all to A2) and they asked me to bring confirmation/certificates of my A levels and universty first year modules so I guess they are pretty important. I got a mid 2.1 in my first year (studying law) which I didn';t think would compare well to other applicants but I guess not. With the Dechert interview, she said the written exercise weighed about 50% compared with the interview so I think intellectual ability (if you can really call it that from a written exercise) is probably quite important. Sorry for the waffle!

hey! i had my interview with dechert last week! Did she say when she would get back to you? I was told 5 days.
lawyer_manc
hey! i had my interview with dechert last week! Did she say when she would get back to you? I was told 5 days.

Yes she told me 5 days as well, but my interview was at 11am and I got a phone call at 5pm saying I got it...although I did ask in the interview how they would get back to me (phone/email) and she specifically said email so was a bit of a surprise really!
Anyone else on the April 2nd Open Day?
Do you know if they already contacted everyone? And are they sort of firm that doesn't contact if you're unsuccessful?
metaphoreus
Do you know if they already contacted everyone? And are they sort of firm that doesn't contact if you're unsuccessful?

I got a call last Weds or Thurs. Apparently only 24 are invited to the Open Day so I assume everyone has already been invited?

Latest

Trending

Trending