The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do your own ******* research or i'll kill you bitch, good enough?
Death and Taxes.
Reply 3
The last enemy which shall be destroyed is death!!! its the one disease (hereditary) that no one has yet found a cure to. Read some of Shakespeare's works on the topic, really useful. Romeo and Juliet especially..
Reply 4
Death..
usually viewed as a negative subject..u can tackle it from a positive angle..
use comparisions, metaphores eg. tree leaves falling in autum (death)..to give birth to new ones...(life)
u can say its the beginning of a new journey..
discuss when death can be a burden to some one ie. when some one has debts..moral debts that she/he hasnt yet paid in this life

we r here not just with our body...we are here with a body, soul, spirit.
death is just the death of the body...the soul and spirit never die..at least not on this earth. it has been proven scientifically!
u can expand on that.

u can talk abt psychological death and physical death.
how they are linked.

i dunno..there r so many things u can talk about..
mayb include hw different cultures celebrate /mourn death..
Reply 5
mortalaty drives humans

think about people who have terminal illness and go on to do amazing things because they will die.

the fact we wont be here at some point or another makes people want to enjoy life
Death will come for all.. :yep: Sometime.
Reply 7
Reply 8
It is a great unknown. Hope that helps.
The only two quotes you need to know:

Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.
Epicurus

Today is a good day to die
Klingon battle cry
Reply 10
What happens after death, are we reincarnated? i would like to think so personally, or i would like to be a ghost and learn to interact with the physical world from beyond the grave so to speak.

You could go down the funeral line, people spend a lot of money on some peoples funerals, does the dead person actually appreciate what is done (in some sort of ghostly way lolz)

Or spiritual experiences, mediums...are they real, why are they so accurate, does this suggest that there is a life after death...

I have so many questions, i want to go to a psychic class and because i would like to believe in ghosts, i want to attempt to learn to interact with ghosts...if i can then i will be a firm believer! lolz those are my random thoughts :smile:
Reply 11
im a bit worried about death but then i dont know because i think if it happens to me i wont really know about it anyway will i i could get hit by a car or i could fall down the stairs or i could take the bag off my head too late when i am masturbating and i will be dead and that will be it so i think that maybe it would be better to not worry about it and get on with my life but yeah it is a hard thing because it is hard for a living person to imagine death nothing is hard when you are something i wonder what happened to my grandad cos he is dead is that a deep and meaningful thought for you good lukc with your essayy
Reply 12
Death is a part of the same biological process of life.
Death is a neccessity for life, without it there is no sense of fear, danger or excitement and so life would be empty.

Something I made up although im sure its been said before by otheres.
Death is not the end, just an event in our eternal life. According to most religious nuts.

Death does not exist, simply because life does not occur. According to a few philosophical nuts.

Death changes the hated and mocked into great people. According to all tabloid newspapers.
Reply 15
Topmanfaz
Death and Taxes.

The only 2 certain things in life :yep:

:laugh:
h82think
The only 2 certain things in life :yep:

:laugh:

:yep:

You know, I didn't even know about that proverb until I watched Meet Joe Black haha
I died once.
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings -Socrates
Can't wait.

Latest

Trending

Trending