Reply 21
who won?
g_star_raw_1989
Hahaha yeh....
I live in Edgbaston :cool:
Where about you from ? :eyeball:

Ah, nice.
Next door, Harborne.
Where people don't try and kill eachother in the street... or at least I haven't stumbled upon it.
Reply 23
Birmingham sounds like a fun place, and yeah.. who won?
Reply 24
Alum Rock
Pinball_heart
Ah, nice.
Next door, Harborne.
Where people don't try and kill eachother in the street... or at least I haven't stumbled upon it.

Oh yes, very close :yep:
Nah, its a nice area tbh.
These stupid youts running around, giving Birmingham a bad image.. :eek:
Reply 26
Alum Rock lol...

Welcome To Big Bad Brum
Is it like a replay of what happened during Partition in 1947?

Are there many bones still left to pick regarding this?

Was it young men involved? If so - might the violence also have been encouraged/instigated by their parents/grandparents who may still have prejudices that stem from their own experiences of persecution/displacement/forced emigration/kidnap/theft etc. etc.
Reply 28
xps.systems
Is it like a replay of what happened during Partition in 1947?

Are there many bones still left to pick regarding this?

Was it young men involved? If so - might the violence also have been encouraged/instigated by their parents/grandparents who may still have prejudices that stem from their own experiences of persecution/displacement/forced emigration/kidnap/theft etc. etc.

I doubt it, I mean I can't speak for Birmingham but where I live in London muslims and sikhs get on fine, independance day is celebrated by both on different days, the odd fight maybe but overall it's not an issue.
Rei
I doubt it, I mean I can't speak for Birmingham but where I live in London muslims and sikhs get on fine, independance day is celebrated by both on different days, the odd fight maybe but overall it's not an issue.

Well, I live in London as well and whilst there doesn't seem to be a problem in the workplace and in a professional environment (very anecdotal evidence here though - there aren't THAT many Hindus/Sikhs/Pakistani or Afghan Muslims there), there is a definite avoidance of Hindus/Sikhs by Pakistani Sunni Muslims and vice versa. NOTE avoidance as opposed to hostility. The 'apartheid' effect is noticeable sometimes though. If you were to 'select' two ethno-religious groups who were markedly separated from each other to this day - I'm pretty sure (in London) that these would be the two (broad) ones that you might pick.

Though of course, broadly speaking, I'm sure a Muslim and a Sikh/Hindu could get on fine in a workplace environment - all I'm saying is that more often than not I have identified a reluctance of both groups to socialize with each other independently (i.e. of their own accord) in a way that I haven't seen with other ethno-religious groups. For example, I have seen Protestant Scots get along quite will with Catholic Irish in London - though this may only apply to London and say, not so much go Glasgow - but then I am guessing here - since I've never spent enough time in Glasgow to ever find out!
They were teenagers and I couldn't tell who won. It looks very intense though.
hannah17clg
I don't think he is tbh

Are you his girlfriend or something? Admirer?
I think you've made this up. I would've heard of this if it actually happened.

OP you may love Communism, but you sound like an idiot.
strawberrywine_
I think you've made this up. I would've heard of this if it actually happened.

OP you may love Communism, but you sound like an idiot.

Believe what you want. I saw it with my own eyes! Also im never going back to Handsworth!
Reply 34
:s-smilie: I'm possibly going to Birmingham Uni next year, should I be worried???! like, is this kind of thing normal??
Original post by I-&#9829
Believe what you want. I saw it with my own eyes! Also im never going back to Handsworth!

'Course you did, you seem to have randomly chosen an area of Birmingham with a high population of Muslims and decided to attach some crackpot story (key word being "story" ) to it, for whatever reason.
First of all im from Oldham,Coppice in the U.K! Second of all I have some family in Birmingham which I went to visit. Like I said believe what you want.
Original post by I-&#9829
First of all im from Oldham,Coppice in the U.K! Second of all I have some family in Birmingham which I went to visit. Like I said believe what you want.

Yeah I will because you're talking a whole load of crap. Do you have something against Birmingham? Or Muslims? Or Sikhs? Or something?
strawberrywine_
Yeah I will because you're talking a whole load of crap. Do you have something against Birmingham? Or Muslims? Or Sikhs? Or something?

Nope.
Reply 39
I'm on the Sikh side. They're usually so docile.

Latest

Trending

Trending