The Student Room Group
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website

Thoughts on Leeds Trinity?!?!

I'm thinking about going to Leeds Trinity and All Saints in Sept 09 to do BA Childhood and Youth

Just wanted to know from current student what there thoughts on Trinity are? Good place to study?? ..........

Anyone been accepted and planning on going in septemeber??......
Reply 1
I have an offer for sports health exercise and nutrition for september 09!

Went to the applicant day and really liked it!

Had a proper community feel to it.
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website
Reply 2
i got an offer for that same course. dont no what you can actually do with that degree, is it classed as sports science or is it different?
Reply 3
If it's any help, i don't go to TASC but i live in horsforth just down the road. It's a bit boring but nice and green etc and there's plenty of pubs and bars (the Old Ball is a favourite and is really close). Plus leeds city centre is only 15 mins away on the train :smile:
The university is pretty insular to be honest. My girlfriend goes there, and in her first year she found it very easy to make friends quickly, but it's so cut off that she soon became bored. Although it's only 15 minutes to Leeds on the train, there's a big bank to walk up (and down) to the station in Horsforth. So not many students actually go into Leeds that often.
Reply 5
I am currently a 3rd year Theology student at Leeds trinity.

I have to say that it is an excellent place to study for many reasons.
It is easy to get in touch with tutors and lecturers in many of the subjects.
The campus is small compared to city centre unis so you get to know alot more people.
The bar is on campus and has many late openings with themed nights and also on a monday and other days of the week the union put on a bus to take its students into town at night and return at 2am and 3am for a small price which usually will include your ticket into the club.
The sports teams differ in standard but it is very easy to start your own club and society.
There are alot of facilities that go unnoticed, for example the careers centre and student support are always there if you need help in all different aspects of university life.
Some of the halls are dated but you get to live with 40+ other people!
There is a shuttle bus that runs between 9am-7pm that takes you up and down that 'big bank', but its an ok walk. It leaves university > train station > morrisons > train staton > university
The bus into town stops outside the gates and run every 30mins in the day and hourly at night finishing around 11.30pm (this bus also goes through headingley, a popular student area)

If you need to know anymore then let me know. Hope this helped
Reply 6
cheers siobhan. just one question, if you start your degree at trinity this sept will it be accredited by leeds university? if not who will it be accredited by?
Reply 7
I am hoping to go to TASC in Sept for forensic psychology. I visited the university on an open day in June and loved how close knit it seemed to be. I can't wait!
Reply 8
cool, did it feel like a uni or a college (augustgold) ? having 3000 people may be a good thing though i suppose.
Reply 9
Ben Harper
cool, did it feel like a uni or a college (augustgold) ? having 3000 people may be a good thing though i suppose.

It reminded me of the college that I go to now. One of the benefits i would say is that your tutors personally know you as oppose to 1 tutor in a lecture with a couple hundred students. You're a name and not a number at TASC! Love it!
Reply 10
hey, I've accpeted a place for sep 09 to do religious studies.
anyone else gonna do that course??
what halls do people want?
Reply 11
Definately that trinity close....
Reply 12
Trinity close aswell :smile:
Reply 13
wooo ive accepted a place at leeds trinity for the religious studies course too! and I want to be in the halls of residence that has self catering and shared bathrooms because i'm tight! :biggrin:
Reply 14
I have just left Leeds Trinity after about 6 months simply because I found it to be awful; and I'm going to Goldsmiths instead. Though I should point out that many of the people I lived with loved it and it's fairly good for primary ed etc. and religious studies. And my course was okay, there was just an awful lot of other stuff, mainly how small it was and how it felt like a college rather than a university. I thought getting a degree from Leeds Uni with putting in minimal effort towards achieving my offer (CCC) would be brilliant, but I found I was just cheating myself, and massively regret not trying hard in my a levels and coming out of college with less than representative grades
Reply 15
Ive accepted Leeds trinity to do sports exericise and nutrition Sept 09 anyone else doing that course? and whats it like down there as i havent been yet! and everyone seems to say its small and in the countryside out of Leeds City by quite a few miles!!
Reply 16
Hey i've accepted an offer from Leeds Trinity to do Sports Journalism and am annoyingly awaiting my results:s-smilie: I'm also staying in halls, hopefully Trinity Close:smile: Would like to get to know other peeps heading up there in Sept x
Reply 17
Hey I am looking to take religious studies in sept! Not going to lie I mainly want to hit uni to drink and have a good time, could I apply for halls in the city centre and travel to trinity for lectures etc? clueless at the moment but looking at trinity, manc met and bangor at the moment. cheers !
what course were you doing?
Original post by bretj89
I have just left Leeds Trinity after about 6 months simply because I found it to be awful; and I'm going to Goldsmiths instead. Though I should point out that many of the people I lived with loved it and it's fairly good for primary ed etc. and religious studies. And my course was okay, there was just an awful lot of other stuff, mainly how small it was and how it felt like a college rather than a university. I thought getting a degree from Leeds Uni with putting in minimal effort towards achieving my offer (CCC) would be brilliant, but I found I was just cheating myself, and massively regret not trying hard in my a levels and coming out of college with less than representative grades

what course were you taking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending