The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Erm, Jingo woman by Helen Hamilton is always nice to throw in :smile:

Also, have you been reading any novels at all?
Reply 2
Millmill
Erm, Jingo woman by Helen Hamilton is always nice to throw in :smile:
Also, have you been reading any novels at all?

yeah thanks i just looked at that it really good because although its not great poetry it argues brilliantly against the wench Jessie Pope.

Umm no not really although I should have. I know a bit about All quiet on the western front though.
Reply 3
Aramiss18
yeah thanks i just looked at that it really good because although its not great poetry it argues brilliantly against the wench Jessie Pope.

Umm no not really although I should have. I know a bit about All quiet on the western front though.

Yeah, I like to compare it with Siegfied Sassoon's 'Glory of Women', they are both typical in perception of the war, time, etc.

Are youd doing Spec A, A2?
Reply 4
Millmill
Yeah, I like to compare it with Siegfied Sassoon's 'Glory of Women', they are both typical in perception of the war, time, etc.

Are youd doing Spec A, A2?

Umm yeah i think so although i'm not totally sure.

I just looked at that poem and its good.

Do you think its really necassary know a few novels?
Reply 5
Aramiss18
Umm yeah i think so although i'm not totally sure.

I just looked at that poem and its good.

Do you think its really necassary know a few novels?

I'd say so. In the exam, you are asked to comment on the typicality of the 3 texts, and if one of them's a novel and you haven't read any then it will be hard for you to. Try to read a few from different times/perspectives to ensure a wide range that you can use in the exam.

I have only read 4 though, so don't panic, the exam isn't till the 8th/10th of June is it. You don't necessarily have to read the whole thing if you feel you don't have time, but make sure you know the gist and a quote that illuminates possible points :smile: Hope this helps
Reply 6
Thanks for rep :biggrin:

Latest