The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Applying for Glasgow University's English Literature MA

I'm an international student considering applying for the English Literature MA program at the University of Glasgow.

The minimum entry requirements are AAB-BBB, including one humanities subject. I believe I meet these criteria with my advanced level subjects in Business, Economics (considered a humanities subject), and Accounting. In my AS level exams, I got 3A’s and expect a final result of A*AA.

Additionally, I got an A in English Literature at the GCSE ordinary level.

In terms of extracurriculars, I've been actively involved in Model United Nations, the student parliament, the interact club+ interact club editorial circle)t.

I've also worked part-time as a video narrator and have a personal blog (I write about personal finance and self-improvement)

Since I didn’t take English Literature as an A-level subject, I'm curious about my chances of admission. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by siwdina
I'm an international student considering applying for the English Literature MA program at the University of Glasgow.

The minimum entry requirements are AAB-BBB, including one humanities subject. I believe I meet these criteria with my advanced level subjects in Business, Economics (considered a humanities subject), and Accounting. In my AS level exams, I got 3A’s and expect a final result of A*AA.

Additionally, I got an A in English Literature at the GCSE ordinary level.

In terms of extracurriculars, I've been actively involved in Model United Nations, the student parliament, the interact club+ interact club editorial circle)t.

I've also worked part-time as a video narrator and have a personal blog (I write about personal finance and self-improvement)

Since I didn’t take English Literature as an A-level subject, I'm curious about my chances of admission. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Good Afternoon Siwdina,

Thanks for getting in touch. I hope you're doing well?

Great to hear you're thinking about studying our MA English Literature programme.

English A-Level is not mandatory for English Literature programme. We do require applicants to hold at least 1 Humanities A-Level. We would consider Economics as a humanities-based subject. Therefore, if you achieve your expected grades, we could consider an application.

Hope this has helped 🙂 you can see more information on our A-Levels policy here - https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/guidance/#a-levels

Thanks,
Niall

UK Recruitment - University of Glasgow
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending