The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I swam with mine two weeks after it was done, I didnt really have a choice though as its my job but it was fine.
Ilora-Danon
You're more than welcome to test out the theory of swimming with a fresh wound - that's your prerogative.

I've had my navel pierced and there's no way in hell I'd swim with it until it's fully healed. Mine took over 6 months to heal. They can be extremely temperamental piercings because they're effectively surface piercings.

I've always waited ~ 6 weeks, never had a problem with any piercing (not even as a teenager and being dumb enough to change earrings a week after having them done...not my smartest move!)

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Reply 22
Thanks for all the helpful info and advice guys :smile:
just be very careful where you get it done! i'm usually fine with piercings, tattoos etc, but when i got my bellybutton done, within a month or so it became very infected and sore, so unfortunatly i had to take it out! mine cost £27 pounds to get done, i had a bar put in straight away!
i think where i went wrong was changing my bar toooo soon! plus i went onholiday to a hot country soon after, so prob didn't help! :frown:
Boots own anti bac wipes are really good for cleaning it tho!
good luck!!
Nooo, they look so tacky :/ I was going to have mine done when i was about 16, so glad i didn't now!
Ilora-Danon
You're more than welcome to test out the theory of swimming with a fresh wound - that's your prerogative.

I've had my navel pierced and there's no way in hell I'd swim with it until it's fully healed. Mine took over 6 months to heal. They can be extremely temperamental piercings because they're effectively surface piercings.

completely agree with this, i didnt swim for over 6 months and i've had mine for 5 years with no problems.

listen to this persons advice op!
chloepeters
Boots own anti bac wipes are really good for cleaning it tho! good luck!!
Erm, no they're not. Anything that has an 'anti-bacterial' agent in it will be too strong for a fresh piercing. Always ALWAYS stick to salt water for cleaning piercings. You do not need anything else, nothing is better than a saline soak.
Reply 27
When I had mine done, it was a ring (it was like 10 years ago... healed no problem though). I actually find that I catch bars a lot more because things just slip over a ring whereas things can get caught on the top ball of a bar and pull it down, but I wouldn't personally recommend using rings while it heals because clothes always flattened it to one side. I was always worried that it wouldn't heal straight... I might just have been paranoid though. :p:
1) Umm...I'm sure mine was £30 including the bar.

2)I got a belly bar straight away.

3) I would wait a couple of months before you go near the pool and even after that I would wear a plaster over it -wait about 8 months before going without a plaster - public pools are bad for giving you infections and stuff.

I would clean it with savlon spray - I've never had an infection and it doesn't hurt one bit or even nip! :cool:
I got mine done nearly 4 years ago. Phew, time goes by fast!:biggrin:
I know this is a late reply- but Naval piercings's healing time is between 6 months and 2 years because they are surface piercings.
Reply 30
closed

Latest