The Student Room Group

AS Physics terminal speed question help please!!!

A vehicle of mass 32000kg has an engine which has a maximum engine force of 4.4kN and a top speed of 36m/s on a level road
- Calculate its maximum acceleration from rest
- Calculate the distance it would travel at maximum acceleration to reach a speed of 12m/s from rest

Thanks, help much appreciated!
Reply 1
snoopyx

AS Physics terminal speed question help please!!!

A vehicle of mass 32000kg has an engine which has a maximum engine force of 4.4kN and a top speed of 36m/s on a level road
- Calculate the distance it would travel at maximum acceleration to reach a speed of 12m/s from rest

1)f=ma
4400=32000a
4400/32000=a=0.14 (2s.f.)

2)u=0 v=12 s=? a=0.14
v^2=u^2+2as
(12^2)/(2(0.14))=s
144/0.28=s=510m
And bob's your uncle!
(s = distance travelled)
(everything to 2s.f. because original question gave 2s.f.)

p.s. if it helped...I would like a thankyou to know I helped...
And maybe some positive rep? :biggrin:
Reply 2
snoopyx

You negative rep me?
I help you out and you negative rep me?
Not even a thankyou.
Ugh.
Douchebag.
Jeester
You negative rep me?
Not even a thankyou.
Ugh.
Douchebag.

I was actually about to go through his question and see if i got the same method and answer as you, hopefully giving him an alternate viewpoint in case he didn't understand... but from what he just did, I won't think I'll bother helping.
Jeester
You negative rep me?
Not even a thankyou.
Ugh.
Douchebag.

In all honesty I did not negative rep you. I am new to this forum and I don't even know what negative rep means :s-smilie:
Reply 5
snoopyx
In all honesty I did not negative rep you. I am new to this forum and I don't even know what negative rep means :s-smilie:

Well if I may help, it's those thumps in the top bar when someone comments and those little green/red jewls show what people think of you on TSR...
You can see what people say on the My TSR tab.
Reply 6
snoopyx

And just wondering does the answer conform with the mark scheme?
Do you know?
I think it's correct but why you put it under terminal speed i'll never know...
Yes those were the right answers, thank you for your help and sorry about the rep thing, I must have clicked it by accident, sorry!
Reply 8
11 year old student room drama, fascinating

Quick Reply

Latest