The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
commando
Oh no it's not really bad, it's very good.
On second thoughts ignore me, I don't know anything, I'm just a random bloke on the internet. Ask when you get there.

Oh, I see. Cool. :smile: Yeah, I will.

thatwhichiam
If you aren't studying it as a degree they will look for your level of Russian and put you in the appropriate class, however, I am talking about Manchester where you are in an entirely different clas to those doing it for degree, and would be doing a LEAP course.

Ok. It sounds very good actually. Hope it will be somwhat similar. Thanks.
Reply 21
Marsha2112
It's skavarodka:smile: ...(or is that frying pan?)

Сковородка-skovorodka.Not skavarodka.
Reply 22
eskamulia
I want to apply to uni to study Russian but I'm a bit confused about the entry requirements. I'm a native Russian speaker but the thing is, I'm not taking any modern languages at A level (not even Russian since my mum thinks I'm going to fail...sad...I know) :frown: Most of the universities are asking for an A level in a language, so does it put me at a disadvantage eventhough I can know the language already? I'm so :woo: !

Да...Тебе не позавидуешь.Одним словом не повезло.
Толстого почитай.Который Лев.Глядишь вспомнишь.
Reply 23
Manchester does offer a degree developped for native Russian speakers, that you could combine with another subject or another language and that would allow you to keep up with your Russian without having ot do it all over again, from scratch. They ask for AAB-BBC, I think (depending on the combination), but they will, indeed, ask you for an A-Level in a language, or maybe for a proof of your ability to study a language. Or as thatwhichiam said, you could apply to uni for a completely different subject and follow a course with the uni language center (springing to my mind, Durham, Bristol, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester would let you do that, UCL as well, I think, maybe Warwick, too)
Reply 24
You don't have to take a formal course to learn/brush up on a language.... :\

Latest

Trending

Trending