Scroll to see replies

What course are you doing Ann?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 301
Kipepeo Girl
Ooh, me too. What other two are you doing? </nosy> :p:

According to my course info, the October 31st course materials will be despatched on September 25th. And my November 7th course materials will be despatched October 16th.
So a month-ish before, I guess.

Y162 (Starting with maths) and S154 (Science starts here). :smile:

AnnB
It varies. Mine starts on the 3rd of October and they are not to be dispatched until the 18th of September.

Same. I'm due to to have my S154 course materials dispatched that date and I start on the 3rd. So I'd assume it's probably the same for other courses starting in early October.
I still haven't had confirmation of finance, will I have to wait longer for my course materials?
My course starts mid October and they were dispatched on 11th September.
Reply 304
Ok, it seems to be random then! :p:
Reply 305
Confectionary
What course are you doing Ann?

I am about to start building blocks of software M263 and B190 intro to bookkeeping and accounting.
Lunarsea
Ok, it seems to be random then! :p:

It does seem to be - I've had materials more than two months before the start date, and at the other end of the scale, others have arrived the day before the start date :eek3:
lupinpooter
It does seem to be - I've had materials more than two months before the start date, and at the other end of the scale, others have arrived the day before the start date :eek3:

I'm sure the course materials for the course I'm doing at the minute (B324) turned up in March and the course didn't start until May!!
M263 is a challenging course, lots of CS theory.
Reply 309
SunburnedCactus
M263 is a challenging course, lots of CS theory.

Thanks, that has got me worried!!
AnnB
Thanks, that has got me worried!!

Heh I'm not trying to put you off, a big part of the reason that I found it hard was probably juggling 3 or 4 other courses at the same time and not concentrating enough. :p:
I received a letter today about the two courses that start in November, which says they start on Nov 1st, but on the Student Home website it says they start Nov 7th. :confused:
AAaah!!! I looked at my list of tutorial dates, and went to book those dates off work, but found that I'm the only member of staff available to work on the evening of my first one!!

The other two people who have the eqivalent of my job booked that day off as holiday time ages ago, and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be willing to change.

I don't want to miss my first tutorial just so that the girls I work with can go out on a pub-crawl :frown:
My course doesn't start until Febuary, I was wondering when will I get all the information through, like info about the finace and registration?
Am totally nervous, I went to one of the tutorials last year for a course I was thinking about doing and it totally put me off. I hope the same doesn't happen this year.
Reply 314
I got my info on finance and registering about 3 weeks after phoning them up initially.

Also got my course materials last weeks and my course starts 3rd October.

Silly questions.. but on the course map, I take it the week starts on the Saturday so our study week goes saturday-friday? Ta!
Hi all. New to the forums so thought i's post a message if thats ok.

I'm starting K101 (intro to health and social care) on 3rd October and really lookin forward to it, but dreading it at the same time! I'm nearly 28 and haven't studied for over 10 years hence the introductions course. Finally recieved my letter back saying i had been awarded the finance so yay! I've just posted the registration letter back too so fingers crossed i get all my stuff intime for the course starting!

Does anyone know if i can apply for a computer grant (i use my hubbys work laptop) and the course grant? I'v emailed OU but they have a back log in emails so i'm not expecting an answer anytime soon. I spoke to someone on another forum and he said that he got it automatically when he origionally applied for finance for the course fees. Just wondering if anyone else knows if this is true or not.

Also, how long do you think i'll be waiting to get the course pack....can't wait to see it. Sad i know! Lol

Sorry for the long post!

xxx
My course registration came today but it needed to be returned by the 19th :frown:
Confectionary
My course registration came today but it needed to be returned by the 19th :frown:

It probably got delayed in the postal strikes. I'd phone them and explain - I'm sure it wont be a problem. You can register via the phone anyway. I got full financial support and contacted them after I hadn't received my registration letter a few weeks after it had been apparently posted and they registered me over the phone...
Reply 318
jessica-rabbit
Hi all. New to the forums so thought i's post a message if thats ok.

I'm starting K101 (intro to health and social care) on 3rd October and really lookin forward to it, but dreading it at the same time! I'm nearly 28 and haven't studied for over 10 years hence the introductions course. Finally recieved my letter back saying i had been awarded the finance so yay! I've just posted the registration letter back too so fingers crossed i get all my stuff intime for the course starting!

Does anyone know if i can apply for a computer grant (i use my hubbys work laptop) and the course grant? I'v emailed OU but they have a back log in emails so i'm not expecting an answer anytime soon. I spoke to someone on another forum and he said that he got it automatically when he origionally applied for finance for the course fees. Just wondering if anyone else knows if this is true or not.

Also, how long do you think i'll be waiting to get the course pack....can't wait to see it. Sad i know! Lol

Sorry for the long post!

xxx

You only need to fill in the finance form, and then they will assess you for everything. If you get full fee grant you should automatically be awarded the computer grant and the course grant.
Thanks Juno for clarifying things for me. Much appreciated!

x

Quick Reply

Latest