Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DJTom

Original post by DJTom
how do the projects work?

On the IT course M253 you get put in groups and are required to complete various activities, eventually producing a small report, with the aim of indicating you can work within a distributed team-based environment. It's only a 10 point course with no bearing on your final degree mark (as long as you pass :wink: ) which may have been why some of the people I worked with weren't particularly enthusiastic about it. However the tutor works quite close with their groups and you are graded on how you take part as much as the final report, so it worked out alright.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
still waiting for TMA. most people in my group seem tohave got theirs last night and im still waiting :frown:
Reply 3282
Original post by SunburnedCactus
On the IT course M253 you get put in groups and are required to complete various activities, eventually producing a small report, with the aim of indicating you can work within a distributed team-based environment. It's only a 10 point course with no bearing on your final degree mark (as long as you pass :wink: ) which may have been why some of the people I worked with weren't particularly enthusiastic about it. However the tutor works quite close with their groups and you are graded on how you take part as much as the final report, so it worked out alright.

ok sounds good. did you come across people who are behind when doing it?
Got my TMA01 results back, I scored 65 which is sooooo much better than I thought I'd get. 28 for Cleopatra and 37 for Faustus so I guess I'll have to redo Cleo :sad:
Is there a universal percentage score for a first, upper second, lower second, etc.?
Reply 3285
Original post by addylad
Is there a universal percentage score for a first, upper second, lower second, etc.?

1 (threshold 85%,a distinction), 2 (70-84%), 3 (55-69%) & 4 (40-54%), and fail (below 40%).
Original post by LW5x01

Original post by LW5x01
1 (threshold 85%,a distinction), 2 (70-84%), 3 (55-69%) & 4 (40-54%), and fail (below 40%).

Thanks very much. :smile: + rep
Reply 3287
Courses can set the pass mark higher than that, but I think this rarely happens
Reply 3288
Finished my essays for the month of march...Roll on April.
Reply 3289
Hi everyone!
Can you tell me how long does it take for our assignments to be marked (aprox.)? It's been 2 weeks now... Thanks.
Original post by DJTom
ok sounds good. did you come across people who are behind when doing it?

Well in my case it was just some of the group not really communicating at all, not offering any input or even responding to say what part of the task they'd like to do. It was weird actually, the thing with the OU is that usually everyone is enthusiastic about what they are doing (except perhaps if it's a level one course that they have already covered elsewhere), but some of the people in the group just didn't seem interested at all.

Ah well.
Reply 3291
Original post by LW5x01
Finished my essays for the month of march...Roll on April.

well done. what course is it?

Original post by Anya15
Hi everyone!
Can you tell me how long does it take for our assignments to be marked (aprox.)? It's been 2 weeks now... Thanks.

normaly 2 weeks i think
Original post by SunburnedCactus
Well in my case it was just some of the group not really communicating at all, not offering any input or even responding to say what part of the task they'd like to do. It was weird actually, the thing with the OU is that usually everyone is enthusiastic about what they are doing (except perhaps if it's a level one course that they have already covered elsewhere), but some of the people in the group just didn't seem interested at all.

Ah well.

ok did you use the forums for talking about the project?
got 71% on my tma. unexpected cos i didnt understand the chapter aaat all.
Reply 3293
I've just received my tma back. 92%! I'm so happy because it's my first Level 3 module :smile:))
Original post by Anya15
I've just received my tma back. 92%! I'm so happy because it's my first Level 3 module :smile:))

awesome!!! that's really impressive :biggrin: what course is it?
Reply 3295
It's DU301 -' A world of whose making?'. :smile:
Reply 3296
Original post by DJTom
well done. what course is it?

DD101 & U213

Original post by Anya15
It's DU301 -' A world of whose making?'. :smile:

Are you enjoying it?

It's one of the modules that I want to do after my level 2's.
Reply 3297
Original post by LW5x01
DD101 & U213

ok whats course are those i can rember which is which :biggrin:
Reply 3298
Original post by DJTom
ok whats course are those i can rember which is which :biggrin:

DD101 - Introducing the social sciences
U213 - International development: challenges for a world in transition

-

You can always just use the search function on the OU website to get the necessary information.
Original post by LW5x01
DD101 - Introducing the social sciences
U213 - International development: challenges for a world in transition

-

You can always just use the search function on the OU website to get the necessary information.

what degree are you planning to do?

Quick Reply

Latest