The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by Hola!
Anyone here doing economics? or business studies? Or know anyone who has got the degree from OU? How long does it take? I read 6 years? :frown: Isn't it possible to do it like normal undergradtuates- 3 years?!

Someone help :frown: I don't want to do it for 6 years? But I DO want the degree!, just in 3 years? :frown:

Hola Hola,

It takes as long as you want it to :smile: From 3 years to 10 depending on the number of points you study per year. To do it in three years, you'd just need 120 per year and to meet the requirements for your chosen degree.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 4241
Original post by Moggs
Hola Hola,

It takes as long as you want it to :smile: From 3 years to 10 depending on the number of points you study per year. To do it in three years, you'd just need 120 per year and to meet the requirements for your chosen degree.

Thanks :smile: Also, I wanted to ask, what are peoples views on the diplomas? They have a diploma in economics. Which does appeal to me, however, I think i'd rather attain a BA or BSc..But if I can't, I might opt for the Diploma.
Original post by rukhsar01
if i was too finish my course 2months earliet is it possible id jus have to work harder to achieve the goal pr is it something i cant do?

you can complete the work 2 months early, sure. i wouldnt recommend it tho - you should always use feedback from tmas to improve your other ones :P
Original post by dg2009
Well my current financial award runs 05/08/2011 - 05/04/2011 but I've currently only applied for 1 course.

How do you find out the duration of your financial award?

Thanks
Reply 4244
Original post by Hola!
Thanks :smile: Also, I wanted to ask, what are peoples views on the diplomas? They have a diploma in economics. Which does appeal to me, however, I think i'd rather attain a BA or BSc..But if I can't, I might opt for the Diploma.

Pretty sure you could do a diploma and then continue it and make it into a degree if you wanted. I'm working towards a Certificate at the moment - and then after that I'm going to see if I should continue it or not because I'm not sure right now :biggrin:
tm07 i will do next week and the week after the ema for aa100. really bored now. and i'm so busy i'll just about make tma07 deadline.
Reply 4246
Original post by Foster88
How do you find out the duration of your financial award?

Thanks

I think it was on one of my emails about my financial support, either that or on the finance application once I was accepted and could put it towards my course. My duration has now changed as I have a module Feb - Oct 2012 so it now runs for the whole year.

The duration is for a year they give you set dates around the modules you are studying in the academic year, so you can add modules & pay with finance as long as you have finance available.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4247
Original post by vixki
Well done :smile: I just got TMA06 back - got 80 on this one, very pleased with that (I did Greek Medicine, didn't find it that interesting!).

I do also feel like I can't wait to get away from AA100. It's so broad I've never really done anything interesting.

What are you doing for the EMA? :smile:

I did greek medicine too - got 85 which was ok seeing I ran out of motivation on this one in a big way!

I'm going to do the roman villa option for the EMA - definitely the least scary of the three. How about you?
Reply 4248
Original post by Tyrion
I did greek medicine too - got 85 which was ok seeing I ran out of motivation on this one in a big way!

I'm going to do the roman villa option for the EMA - definitely the least scary of the three. How about you?

Wow 85 is good! I haven't got one distinction on this course :mad: but several 84s haha

Yeah I'm doing the roman villa one, my tutor is doing a tutorial on option 2 and has sent round a mass email telling us all to come but to be honest I only went to one tutorial and figured it was a bit of a waste of time :rolleyes:
Will be SO glad when it's over.
Original post by vixki
Wow 85 is good! I haven't got one distinction on this course :mad: but several 84s haha

Yeah I'm doing the roman villa one, my tutor is doing a tutorial on option 2 and has sent round a mass email telling us all to come but to be honest I only went to one tutorial and figured it was a bit of a waste of time :rolleyes:
Will be SO glad when it's over.

i got three distinctions and ended up with an abysmal 55 in my ema. worst course ever -_-
Does everyone here just aim for passes in the L1 stuff, as it doesn't count towards the final degree? :smile:
Reply 4251
Original post by inksplodge
i got three distinctions and ended up with an abysmal 55 in my ema. worst course ever -_-

whats this in, AA100??

tbf I'm not to fussed if I get a high pass or not, getting a 40 or a 84 is no different in the level 1 courses.
Reply 4252
Hey folk,

Is it possible to swap the degree title after a few modules, from an open degree to lets say natural sciences, provided all the modules tally ?

e.g after S104/Sxr103, mst 121 . I'm currently on an open degree but think of either moving to natural sciences or the openplus scheme.

Would i have any trouble with it ?

Thank you.
Reply 4253
Anyone else as impatient as me in waiting for their next lot of module materials? :colondollar: Due to have been mailed today, but no updates on my student home :frown:
Reply 4254
when does your module start / website open

Mine opens on 22nd but module starts on 1st October, material isn't set out till next weekend
Original post by rele84
Anyone else as impatient as me in waiting for their next lot of module materials? :colondollar: Due to have been mailed today, but no updates on my student home :frown:

I want my books now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:
Reply 4256
Original post by any_name
Hey folk,

Is it possible to swap the degree title after a few modules, from an open degree to lets say natural sciences, provided all the modules tally ?

e.g after S104/Sxr103, mst 121 . I'm currently on an open degree but think of either moving to natural sciences or the openplus scheme.

Would i have any trouble with it ?

Thank you.

You should be able to change it from Studenthome. It can sometimes take a few days to update but I have never had a problem (I change it a lot :biggrin: ).
Reply 4257
Original post by dg2009
when does your module start / website open

Mine opens on 22nd but module starts on 1st October, material isn't set out till next weekend

Original post by h82think
I want my books now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

I have 2 lots of results due on 16th September, some materials due to be sent on 9 September and some more to be sent on 7 October.

I am not the most patient of people and can't wait for all of this!
Reply 4258
Original post by MC2705
You should be able to change it from Studenthome. It can sometimes take a few days to update but I have never had a problem (I change it a lot :biggrin: ).

Thank you kind sir, or is it madam/miss ? :biggrin::smile:
Reply 4259
I've two October starts - got one set of materials on Thursday, the other are due week some time. Think I might leave them at work though, as I've two TMAs and two exams before I can make much of a start on them. The lure of shiny booklets is amazing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest