The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

People on the T173 facebook group are actually nervous for the exam tomorrow :P god bless them
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 6661
Original post by Bleak Lemming
best do some t173 revision... exam on wednesday and i haven't even looked at a past paper properly o.o

Good luck for tomorrow:smile:
Original post by sputum
Good luck for tomorrow:smile:

Thx u2 :smile:
Reply 6663
Yes, good luck T173'ers :smile:
Original post by Smophie
Yes, good luck T173'ers :smile:

Good luck ;D
Good luck to all those doing exams! I REALLY dont envy you lot, EMAs FTW every time!
Reply 6666
Argh struggling to get started and organised. Doesn't help that room is a mess either. Please help me fellow OUers. I feel so stressed :frown:
Original post by Soft Cat
Argh struggling to get started and organised. Doesn't help that room is a mess either. Please help me fellow OUers. I feel so stressed :frown:

Have you got an exam or piece of coursework looming? Or have you just started a course?
Making your surroudings all clutter-free does help with the motivation a bit, I find. Feng shui ftw. :smile:
T173 - Nailed it ;D

I have a feeling it will be the only OU exam that I ever leave early judging from my future modules.
Reply 6669
M338 - shoulda nailed it
might have nailed it
i duno
either way it's apparently the hardest L3 maths module there is and I haven't failed if they can read the stuff I wrote.
Amazing how 2k+ free hours can make up for a lack of fundamental brainpower
Drinks after exam (I was the only M338er, plenty of T173s, so happy! to take the exam in my home town)
could be a distinction missed tho. Yet again I luck out in exam Qs and still might not have done it. May have to wimp out on future L3 modules to try and get a first:frown: f it.
Not completely sober, sorry
Original post by sputum
M338 - shoulda nailed it
might have nailed it
i duno
either way it's apparently the hardest L3 maths module there is and I haven't failed if they can read the stuff I wrote.
Amazing how 2k+ free hours can make up for a lack of fundamental brainpower
Drinks after exam (I was the only M338er, plenty of T173s, so happy! to take the exam in my home town)
could be a distinction missed tho. Yet again I luck out in exam Qs and still might not have done it. May have to wimp out on future L3 modules to try and get a first:frown: f it.
Not completely sober, sorry

Wish I was sozzled also. Exam, car MOT, sort out car insurance.. time for a nap I think.

£567 for car insurance on a 1.2 litre car with 3 years no claims & no points.. Ridiculous. I wonder if anyone actually pays what they quote in the renewal pack. They wanted to charge me £645 straight up originally :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6671
nap sounds good
gl with the rest:smile:
Wish I was sozzled also. Exam, car MOT, sort out car insurance.. time for a nap I think.

£567 for car insurance on a 1.2 litre car with 3 years no claims & no points.. Ridiculous. I wonder if anyone actually pays what they quote in the renewal pack. They wanted to charge me £645 straight up originally :/

wish mine was £567! mine was £1100 fully comp with a 1.0 car, 1 yr ncb and no points lol. hoping it'll drop to about 700 next year.
Original post by inksplodge
wish mine was £567! mine was £1100 fully comp with a 1.0 car, 1 yr ncb and no points lol. hoping it'll drop to about 700 next year.

That's just ridiculous- I've heard some people paying 2k with a box to monitor them!
That's just ridiculous- I've heard some people paying 2k with a box to monitor them!

i'd never have a box :eek3:

Thought about it but then realised my insurance would probably go up :P
Reply 6676
I tried to add my son to my car insurance and was quoted £2500 extra - never bothered, he can get the bus!

Original post by AnnB
I tried to add my son to my car insurance and was quoted £2500 extra - never bothered, he can get the bus!

A trick for young people which I use is to add my parents to my policy, knocked £100 off my quote :biggrin:
On the topic of cars, mine passed its MOT yesterday! I was pretty surprised, first time I've had a car that's done that. Well, it failed first because one of the bulbs wasn't working and the bolts on the two front seats were loose, but the guys fixed all that for free and passed it. I recommend Just-MOTs!

And on the topic of the OU, I handed in my EMA for B120 the other day - it feels so good. That's the third module I will have completed. I know I can't get a distinction because my TMA average wasn't high enough, but I'm really pleased with how I did on the EMA.

Now I've just got the EMA to do for DD131 by next Tuesday (will probably start it on Monday night again!), and I can start my L2 modules.
Mine's £700 for a 1.9DCi Megane convertible, with 10yrs no claims!! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest