The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Persipan
Congratulations! Which do you think you'll go for? (If my degree can be either - which I think may be the case - then I'll totally pick a BSc because a, I already have a BA, and b, I think a BSc basically in Creative Writing and Design would be hilarious...)

I ended up picking the BSc! I thought it made sense since my degree is in social science. plus i asked everyone at work and they said science sounded smarter :cool: :lol:

Original post by Samual
You get a choice? :eek: How will you decide?

yes, i did enough modules for the BA or the BSc! :biggrin:

Original post by kjglen24
Congratulations. What is the difference between a Bsc and BA anyway? I mean the real difference

Posted from TSR Mobile

no idea apart from the letters i guess :lol:

now to decide whrther to graduate or not!! they really know how to squeeze every penny out of you and the nearest one is 100 miles away.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Guys I am coming back to OU can't cope with ucas application

Nightworld1066
Hey guys, well done on your results.
Just registered for the OU last week and starting my LLB in October :smile:

Any tips on how to manage best with the work load?
I am studying 120 credits and currently have a full time management job. Will be going down to 20 hours or so a week when I start OU, just to pay the bills.
Also, any of you studying Law this October?

Louis.
So I've been rejected for an OUSBA loan for £850 and can't get that amount of money by the start course date. No option to try for a £450 loan. Not in my final year so won't get financial support (but have applied), if I cant come up with £450 by the cut of date then I am no longer an OU student.

Will start looking for other places.
How can I tell my parents I am sticking with OU if I go that way they don't want me to continue a degree this year but I don't want another year of miserableness.

Nightworld1066
Original post by iloveteddy14
How can I tell my parents I am sticking with OU if I go that way they don't want me to continue a degree this year but I don't want another year of miserableness.

Nightworld1066

Why will they be miserable ?

I've changed pathways again really need to stop being indecisive doing my own head in! Now doing a BA/BSc in Health and social care what I originally wanted to do :biggrin: xx
Original post by dg2009
So I've been rejected for an OUSBA loan for £850 and can't get that amount of money by the start course date. No option to try for a £450 loan. Not in my final year so won't get financial support (but have applied), if I cant come up with £450 by the cut of date then I am no longer an OU student.

Will start looking for other places.

Don't know a lot about it but OUSET may be able to help if you get refused normal financial support.
Has anyone completed the design and innovation degree before? I'm registered on the above course because it's what I enjoy and think it suits me but the engineering degree would progress me in my current job role. Torn between the 2 !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8468
Eurgh, student finance said no. I need to ring them up and find out why.

Looks like there may be no honours degree for me :cry:
Original post by Sabatman
Has anyone completed the design and innovation degree before? I'm registered on the above course because it's what I enjoy and think it suits me but the engineering degree would progress me in my current job role. Torn between the 2 !!

I have it in my head that you can do the Design modules towards the Engineering degree anyway? I was definitely doing T217 alongside several engineering students this year. In which case you'd have the best of both worlds!
They would be happy if I don't get a degree they would be relieved I would be miserable permanently. I love the OU but I would see it as my second worse case scenario.

My worse scenario is nothing and other year of waiting, ucas applications and nothing. (Aprt from my stupid voluntary job which apparently makes me happy)
I kinda wanted both ya know
I wanted to go Uni every day, go to voluntary work and be constantly busy

Nightworld1066
Now seven hours later and I'm all positive about it but negative that I won't b studying nursing this year. Oh well all well that ends well

Nightworld1066
Out of interest, how old are you guys? I know an older friend who is now in university that also did an open university course alongside her a levels at school - are you all 16-18 year olds or much older (ie. About 20+?)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberrysnow
Out of interest, how old are you guys? I know an older friend who is now in university that also did an open university course alongside her a levels at school - are you all 16-18 year olds or much older (ie. About 20+?)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 22. I was 21 when I started my degree with OU :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 23 :-) married with two children!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm almost 27... In my final year now though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just turned 28. (mental age probably closer to 8:colondollar:)
Older than all of you!
Original post by Persipan
Older than all of you!

Arrr who cares?! Never too old to learn, IMO the minute you stop wanting to learn then you might as well be dead & buried. Age is just a number anyway :smile:
19 here :smile: much prefer the sound of OU compared to the traditional route of obtaining a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest