The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laalNick
I've always found yodel quite good, usually deliver earlier than expected, could just be the region though.

Could be, not sure whether a lot of them are part-time like Hermes? So depends on who you get.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by addylad
Could be, not sure whether a lot of them are part-time like Hermes? So depends on who you get.

I live in NW Cumbria so it's usually the same guy delivering and he's ok.
Hi guys,
I know we're all talking about delayed delivery dates (which is obviously Infuriating), but just wanted to pop by with something y'all may be able to do in the mean time.

I'm currently working with the OUSA coordinators to put together a new society for the LGBT+ students (and of course our allies are very welcome!).

Sign up form is here: https://docs.google.com/a/my.open.ac.uk/forms/d/1PFg50xWkCN5eIC3ZBTQ709FYvv6T29kaXfTJ8J8o9ho/viewform?usp=send_form

I'll be in touch asap with further details, but we've gotta populate the society first!

Cass x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CassieCGraves
Hi guys,
I know we're all talking about delayed delivery dates (which is obviously Infuriating), but just wanted to pop by with something y'all may be able to do in the mean time.

I'm currently working with the OUSA coordinators to put together a new society for the LGBT+ students (and of course our allies are very welcome!).

Sign up form is here: https://docs.google.com/a/my.open.ac.uk/forms/d/1PFg50xWkCN5eIC3ZBTQ709FYvv6T29kaXfTJ8J8o9ho/viewform?usp=send_form

I'll be in touch asap with further details, but we've gotta populate the society first!

Cass x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a part of the LGBT community, but I clicked on it and it said I was not authorised.
Got my MST124 materials today. Feeling scared about starting lol. Still waiting for M140 materials. What are the next steps from now? Do I wait for October 4? How do I start?
Original post by muj121
Got my MST124 materials today. Feeling scared about starting lol. Still waiting for M140 materials. What are the next steps from now? Do I wait for October 4? How do I start?

You can start now if you want but you might not have all the materials for assignments etc yet and forums might not be open. First step is usually read the course guide (might be online only these days) then timetable to see what order units are done in and what approaches they are taking then have a flick through them :smile: just bear in mind there is no official help or forums usually until nearer the start date. Have fun. Enjoy! Good Luck!
Original post by muj121

The module website usually opens a couple of weeks before the official start. It's a good idea to spend some time familiarizing yourself with it (basically, click on everything in the sidebars and read what's there). You can start whenever you want once you have access to all the materials; it's really up to you!
Original post by BestProfileName
I'm not a part of the LGBT community, but I clicked on it and it said I was not authorised.

Yeah cos it's set up so you have to be signed in through student home to authorise it.
Yeah I was signed in. Oh well I'll just click on it if I see in there at some point.
Yeah I was signed in. Oh well I'll just click on it if I see in there at some point.

We just did a test on it and it seems to be running fine. I'm so confused :s
Original post by muj121

I would recommend having a look at book 1 for MST 124 early and making a start on it - it's basically a review and revision module but everything in it is core to the rest of the course so it helps later on to be really familiar with it :smile:
Original post by muj121

i got mine a few days ago. i've sorted through them, set up the file i'm going to use for notes etc, put assignment deadlines into a calendar and read through the course guide. the website isn't open but that won't stop you starting unit 1 - i want plenty of time for this since it's two years since i did mu123. if you are studying around other commitments getting a few weeks ahead of the 'official' study timetable is always a good idea.
Original post by muj121

I got my MST124 materials today also, got my B122 a couple of weeks ago which I have been working through and making notes on despite there being no official work. My suggestion is to go through the books, take your time, make notes and get prepared for October as we'll need it, well I will :h:

--------

Quick question to those in the know, TMA deadlines, do we need to hand in on the day or can I hand in before the deadline as for one deadline I'm going to be on flights all day and the likelihood of my handing in anything on that day is zero :s-smilie:
Original post by tehFrance
I got my MST124 materials today also, got my B122 a couple of weeks ago which I have been working through and making notes on despite there being no official work. My suggestion is to go through the books, take your time, make notes and get prepared for October as we'll need it, well I will :h:

--------

Quick question to those in the know, TMA deadlines, do we need to hand in on the day or can I hand in before the deadline as for one deadline I'm going to be on flights all day and the likelihood of my handing in anything on that day is zero :s-smilie:

You can hand it in 3 minutes after receiving it if you like.
So from what I'm seeing (I've not received my stuff yet), we don't even get an assignment booklet anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So from what I'm seeing (I've not received my stuff yet), we don't even get an assignment booklet anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the module.
Original post by Rosey203
Depends on the module.

You'd think a huge detail like that would be identical across the modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'd think a huge detail like that would be identical across the modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the newer modules are less likely to have one. All the science courses are going entirely online. (Worst. thing. ever.)
Original post by Rosey203
I think the newer modules are less likely to have one. All the science courses are going entirely online. (Worst. thing. ever.)

Link? Or source. Edit: "S217 will be online only, this is due to the Faculty of Science across the board ending their relationship with books, so to speak, with newly produced modules. " Nevermind...

I don't mind if they take the books away, to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Link? Or source. Edit: "S217 will be online only, this is due to the Faculty of Science across the board ending their relationship with books, so to speak, with newly produced modules. " Nevermind...

I don't mind if they take the books away, to be honest.

I just know I learn better from a book then a computer screen. Though, I read my fiction on a kindle so hopefully I can just down the blocks on to there and "trick" my brain a little!

Quick Reply

Latest