The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

inksplodge
Thanks :smile: How do I know how much I'll be allocated, will they tell me an amount after I've sent this form off?

There's a financial support calculator here: http://css2.open.ac.uk/fafcalculator/eligibility.aspx

That should tell you how much you may be entitled too. :yep:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Lunarsea
There's a financial support calculator here: http://css2.open.ac.uk/fafcalculator/eligibility.aspx

That should tell you how much you may be entitled too. :yep:

Thanks :smile: As for household income, I am the only one that works - do I just put my income in the box?

Well, when I put my income in the box it says I may be eligible for the maximum award :smile:
inksplodge
Thanks :smile: As for household income, I am the only one that works - do I just put my income in the box?

Well, when I put my income in the box it says I may be eligible for the maximum award :smile:

If you live with your parents then their income doesn't count. If you live with your partner their income will count. So if you are the only one that works, then only your income will count, yes. :smile:
inksplodge
I tried the lost password thing and it said my PI didn't exist!!!
inksplodge

I got my financial stuff in the post today, it was sent on APRIL 8TH!!!! and I only got it today. Whaaa! Says deadline for me is 14th May as well, I've lost like two weeks nearly :frown:

I have just posted a long reply to this and it never posted :frown: anyway, as I said...

That is really strange if your PI doesn't exist as it obviously does with you receiving your financial forms. Definitely send them an email/or give them a call about this! It isn't on. I got logged onto the system after I'd registered my interest in the course.

As for your forms saying April 8th! That is just ridiculous, but they could have only just sent them out and put that date to "cover themselves" ? Maybe...

I hope you get it all sorted out soon, it is so frustrating when things don't go to plan - especially when its something as important as this.
Lunarsea
If you live with your parents then their income doesn't count. If you live with your partner their income will count. So if you are the only one that works, then only your income will count, yes. :smile:

Yeah I live with my parents :smile:
Bourjois__x

I have just posted a long reply to this and it never posted :frown: anyway, as I said...

That is really strange if your PI doesn't exist as it obviously does with you receiving your financial forms. Definitely send them an email/or give them a call about this! It isn't on. I got logged onto the system after I'd registered my interest in the course.

As for your forms saying April 8th! That is just ridiculous, but they could have only just sent them out and put that date to "cover themselves" ? Maybe...

I hope you get it all sorted out soon, it is so frustrating when things don't go to plan - especially when its something as important as this.

Yeah I think I may send them another email later about it, going to go to town and then come home to tackle these finance forms, get it out of the way (cos I have work thurs-sat and will be far too tired sunday to do it) :smile:
inksplodge
Yeah I think I may send them another email later about it, going to go to town and then come home to tackle these finance forms, get it out of the way (cos I have work thurs-sat and will be far too tired sunday to do it) :smile:

Well I hope you get it sorted soon :smile: let me know what they say!
Reply 1187
i'm applying for finance and my registration closes on 29th April, got an email 7th April to say they's be sent out within 14 days!
dg2009
i'm applying for finance and my registration closes on 29th April, got an email 7th April to say they's be sent out within 14 days!

Wow, they aren't really rushing are they! Give them a ring and ask why they are taking so long with it! It isn't really giving you enough time to send it back if you receive it this week.
Reply 1189
so I've re-registered for S104 hopefully I'll get all correct forms. It now actually meantions sorting out my finance and letting me know the cost to me if anything.
dg2009

Yeah, mine was apparently sent out 8th April but I only got it yesterday. Luckily the form isn't too bad - I'd recommend sorting out your proof of residence and income/benefits now so that you don't have to wait about for them to be signed and stuff when it does come :smile:

I e-mailed to ask about that course thing but they're still not clear. I am not sure if I want to do another course yet!!!
Reply 1191
well I'll be using my pay slips for income have my W52 one so will use that unless they are assessing me using my previous financial form hich they did before, though my income had changed plus I didn't realise they were doing that till I sent of my new form.
I paid for my course yesterday and it now says "awaiting return of registration pack, printed on 20th April" so we'll see how long it takes for them to send it to me. I think I have until the end of June for a reserved place!
Hi, My student application got accepted yesterday but it says nothing about the registration pack being sent out. Do you think it will have? Im kind of in the same situation as you atm - waiting for it in the post.
It should change within a day saying that your pack is being sent out. It took a good day/2 days for it to change on mine. It shouldn't be too long when you get your application pack. I got my first lot of application packs today that were sent out on 19th April, now I'm waiting for the updated packs that were sent out yesterday.
Ooooh, my page is all set up with the Social Sciences pages now and email pages :smile:
what paperwork do they want if you are applying for your second course in the next financial year. i got the full award for the course im studying at the moment and have applied for S104 starting in jan 11. ive applied for financial assistance again but havent heard anything back since i registered on 8th april. Surely they wont want a passport signed again?
rachel98450
what paperwork do they want if you are applying for your second course in the next financial year. i got the full award for the course im studying at the moment and have applied for S104 starting in jan 11. ive applied for financial assistance again but havent heard anything back since i registered on 8th april. Surely they wont want a passport signed again?

I don't know but I'd be interested to know this as well. I registered for my courses for next year on April 12th but I haven't heard anything either.
Reply 1198
Lunarsea
I don't know but I'd be interested to know this as well. I registered for my courses for next year on April 12th but I haven't heard anything either.

I think they're getting round to them. They did my two October '11 starts straight away. It was about three weeks before the Jan/Feb ones became available though. They just sat there in StudentHome 'awaiting information' until earlier this week.
Lunarsea

I have a friend that is also studying with the OU and she has said that she never had to send any documentation in, she just clicked the financial funding box and got it straight away without them needing to check your pay slips etc. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest