The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

just received my TMA3 back from T215 - 97%!! Woooo! Highest score I have EVER had!! Sorry felt I had to tell everyone!:eek3:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 1381
bufferz
just received my TMA3 back from T215 - 97%!! Woooo! Highest score I have EVER had!! Sorry felt I had to tell everyone!:eek3:

eyyy, nice job there, congrats:smile:
Reply 1382
bufferz

Nice one :smile:
well done :biggrin:

got my finance form back with the pettiest reason EVER to not accept it... now i've got to go and get something re-signed!
Reply 1384
r.sana
hope uv done well :smile: Did u get books in the post for MST121? if so how many?

Millions! You get revision stuff straight away, and then for the course start you get about 10 books, if not more. Then just before Christmas (for October start) you get even more!
bufferz

Well done :biggrin:
There's always that one TMA question, where you don't quite know what they are asking and it takes you ages to write an answer. It is the worst question.
I should really start work on my ECA...
Reply 1388
I need some help guys and girls ;P

So, I've registered with OU on their website, completed the financial support application and printed it out. (havent posted it yet)

BUT then i've got mail from OU with "Registration agreement" and "hesa form", and in one of those leaflets it said if i applied for the financial support, the amount will be shown, but they didn't show anything :|

So what I'm supposed to do now? what to fill in & mail it?

Got so many forms and pieces, I'm well confused now :|
Reply 1389
LW5x01
I need some help guys and girls ;P

So, I've registered with OU on their website, completed the financial support application and printed it out. (havent posted it yet)

BUT then i've got mail from OU with "Registration agreement" and "hesa form", and in one of those leaflets it said if i applied for the financial support, the amount will be shown, but they didn't show anything :|

So what I'm supposed to do now? what to fill in & mail it?

Got so many forms and pieces, I'm well confused now :|

Well, if you haven't posted the finance application, how do they know you've done it? And how are they supposed to show the amount on the registration form?

You need to post your application asap, and then when they've approved that they should send you another registration form with the amount shown.
Sat at home, bored cos theres no football?

Wish you could have that SA 2010 world cup atmos in your own living room while studying at the PC?

Well now you can, with vuvuzela time!

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/
Reply 1391
Im doing the 10 point " Introduction to financial services" The whole time I have waited for something through the post, but found out yesterday its all online. It started on May the 1st, I should be on Section 8 of 11, I havent started. I have to be finished in exactly a month. Can this be done! So badly informed, NOBODY, in my year had any clue it had already started.
Reply 1392
Cuzzz
Im doing the 10 point " Introduction to financial services" The whole time I have waited for something through the post, but found out yesterday its all online. It started on May the 1st, I should be on Section 8 of 11, I havent started. I have to be finished in exactly a month. Can this be done! So badly informed, NOBODY, in my year had any clue it had already started.

Maybe you should just consider re-starting it again?

Unless you can manage the workload and produce the work :|
Reply 1393
Im Going to have to give it a crack. Session 1 was scheduled to take a week, I have made notes on it all today. Saying that how is it assessed?

Is it an online test, as the rest of it is online? Surely, you could ahve the tabs with all the info up? Im confused on how your assessed :frown:
Reply 1394
Well done bufferz!

And Cuzzz, yeah, I'd say give it a shot. I found my 10-point course quite easy and quick to do if you just stick at it. (Though it was Openings).

Also:

Teaching and assessment

Study support

There will be an online moderator-led discussion forum that you can use to get in touch with study advisers and other students.

Contact our Student Registration & Enquiry Service if you want to know more about study with The Open University before you register.

Assessment

The assessment details for this course can be found in the facts box above.

You must use the online eTMA system to submit your end-of-course assessment (ECA).
Reply 1395
Cuzzz

But if it started so long ago, why have you waited til now to do something about it? They're not going to be sympathetic when you should have tried to sort this over a month ago.
Reply 1396
Im not asking for sympathy cheers. I signed up in january, got a letter it was to start on May the 1st. It says there are online features, but doesnt mention it is solely on the internet. Now this is where I made a mistake. I had AS exams, and quite frankly wanted to do them first and get them sorted, before doing OU.

Finished exams last week, sent OU a e-mail asking why, unlike other people in my year on other courses, I had recieved nothing in my post regarding my course. They finally reply a week later, saying it is all online. Just logged on, and I am miles behind.

But I have done session 1 today, has taken me around 4 hours, and I was scheduled a week. Fortunately, looking through the other sessions, they look enjoyable and are considerably smaller:biggrin:

Camisado
Well done bufferz!

And Cuzzz, yeah, I'd say give it a shot. I found my 10-point course quite easy and quick to do if you just stick at it. (Though it was Openings).

Also:

Cheers mate. Problem is, I cant find the fact box :frown:
Reply 1397
@Cuzzz: maybe they're referring to the couple of lines in the Course content section? I don't know either.

Best of luck though, sounds like you'll plough through it. And you know you should check online next time, I guess! Everyone makes mistakes.
I'm doing a 10 point course and am getting through it pretty quickly, so you may still be able to do it on time :smile:
Yippee! got my finance all sorted for my next course S104 starting in January. Im really looking forward to this one although not the physics part. Does anyone know if its a hard course and does it entail lots of studying? I ve managed to get through my current course U116 with about 3 hours studying a week and still got above 90% in all the tma's so far.

Quick Reply

Latest