The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

MSc logistics and supply chain managent

i have offer letters from astom university,lancaster university management school and warwick university(Warwick manufacturing group) for MSc logistics and supply chain mangement, so which one should i choose out of these for the course and why?
Reply 1
Hi Suchit2009,

Did u decide? I am also planning for the same course for Sep2010. Could you please suggest.

Cheers
Dave
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
It's a fairly hard choice; all three have excellent management reputation. I'd try to visit each and decide which campus you'd most like to study at
I think Aston and Warwick are the two best ones. Warwick has a better overall reputation so if you're not going to pursue a career in the area of your degree you should probably choose Warwick but Aston's degree comes with an industrial placement which is extremely valuable - especially if you get a placement in a suitable industry/role.

Have a look at all three and see which one is best for you overall. If you choose somewhere like Warwick you'll probably have a less socially enjoyable uni experience than the other two. Take into account all aspects of the degree and the universities when choosing.
Reply 4
warwick university
Reply 5
CombineHarvester
I think Aston and Warwick are the two best ones. Warwick has a better overall reputation so if you're not going to pursue a career in the area of your degree you should probably choose Warwick but Aston's degree comes with an industrial placement which is extremely valuable - especially if you get a placement in a suitable industry/role.

Have a look at all three and see which one is best for you overall. If you choose somewhere like Warwick you'll probably have a less socially enjoyable uni experience than the other two. Take into account all aspects of the degree and the universities when choosing.

The OP is talking about MSc not BSc
Reply 6
How you rate the following for Msc in supplychain

1. Warwick
2. Cass
3. Cranfield
4. Lancaster
5 Manchester
6. Aston

Cheers...
Reply 7
thinksrinii

1. Warwick
2. Cass
3. Cranfield
4. Lancaster
5 Manchester
6. Aston

Cheers...

according to the FT masters in management rankings:
Cass is on 2nd, Aston at 4th and Manchester at 8th place..... for me its between Cass or Aston now. Cass's MSc is more expensive than both Aston and Manchester but really wanna know if that extra expense really worth in long run?
Reply 8
Isn't cass like 27k?

Don't overlook warwick/cranfield either
Reply 9
thinksrinii

1. Warwick
2. Cass
3. Cranfield
4. Lancaster
5 Manchester
6. Aston

Cheers...

I am a bit biased perhaps, having a Cranfield MSc. But as an employer of Supply Chain grads and with an International perspective, (I live and work in Oz) only 2 of these would be on my radar. Cranfied and Warwick.
Reply 10
Original post by RobbieOz

Original post by RobbieOz
I am a bit biased perhaps, having a Cranfield MSc. But as an employer of Supply Chain grads and with an International perspective, (I live and work in Oz) only 2 of these would be on my radar. Cranfied and Warwick.

Hi,
I am in similar dilemma...I have been offered a place on exec Msc in Supply Chain at Cranfield and would really appreciate the feedback of any of you that study on this Msc or already graduated.. thanks a lot for helping! dear RobbieOz, do you think you could pehaps find some time to answer few questions I have please...
Reply 11
i did undergrad at aston, but postgrad warwick- trust me go to warwick (both in this course) warwicks course is practical, small groups taught by leading consultants. GO TO WARWICK
Reply 12
hi All,

Can someone tell me which is the best university for MSc in SCM and logistics

1) Manchester
2) Cranfied
3) Cass
4) Lanchester
5) Warwick
6) strathclyde.

I have 5 yrs of exp with Indian IT industry with decent academics .

Also let me know on job opportunities after doing MSc in UK though i know its not great market as of now.

If any seniors here who can pour some lights

thanks !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
hi All,

Can someone tell me which is the best university for MSc in SCM and logistics

1) Manchester
2) Cranfied
3) Cass
4) Lanchester
5) Warwick
6) strathclyde.

I have 5 yrs of exp with Indian IT industry with decent academics .

Also let me know on job opportunities after doing MSc in UK though i know its not great market as of now.

If any seniors here who can pour some lights

thanks !
(edited 12 years ago)
Good day to all

Guys, I have MSc Supply Chain Management offers from :

- Robert Gordon University - Aberdeen Business School
-Hull University Business School
-Aston Uni. Business School
-Leeds Uni. Business School
-Brunel Business School

Suchit2009 what did you conclude ?

what do you think is the best one guys , a lot of criteria here to take into consideration:
-Programme
-Exposure
-Business School Ranking
-Accreditation (only Aston and Leeds Business Schools are triple-accredited, while BBS is on its way, still have AACSB to acquire)
-Programme Ranking
-Tuition Fees
-Location (Brunel is in London, as for the rest ...)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Khalil Mteyni
Beirut, Lebanon

Quick Reply

Latest