The Student Room Group

2011 Entry- Hopeful Medic Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Siddd
Guys, let's talk about personal statements now :smile: Mine sucks :wink:

i have done all my w.e and stuff but cant think of a sensible introduction!!!Any advise...:biggrin:
goodboy4444
i have done all my w.e and stuff but cant think of a sensible introduction!!!Any advise...:biggrin:

how about:
"listen batty boys coz I iz gonna tell you why me shuld be excepted into ur doctors academies yeah."
Feel free to use it, I don't mind :biggrin:
gildartz
how about:
"listen batty boys coz I iz gonna tell you why me shuld be excepted into ur doctors academies yeah."

It's definitely the "original" and "attention grabbing" start they tell you to write =D
gildartz
how about:

I'm sure the wastepaper bin would really appreciate a PS that starts off with that.

But guys. Don't all start off with that at once. :eek:
jazzyyazzy6
It's definitely the "original" and "attention grabbing" start they tell you to write =D

it's unique and that can only be a good thing, right? :biggrin:
gildartz
Lol.

lol..I am glad there is something we can both laught about.....funny isn't it? I didnt believe it when I heard.....
Sparkly-Star
Lol it says it will give priority that doesn't mean others without that won't get accepted. I can't imagine a country not having doctors of some sort. :mmm:

Well, I guess u are right....but I just think it might be worthless applying there, since my country does have medical schools....I think the lady that replied to my email was probably high or something....pathetic criterion in my opinion......no wonder they are ranked so low....what a shame!
int_applicant
Well, I guess u are right....but I just think it might be worthless applying there, since my country does have medical schools....I think the lady that replied to my email was probably high or something....pathetic criterion in my opinion......no wonder they are ranked so low....what a shame!

I just tried to see if I could find countries that didn't have medical schools but that's kinda hard to find, I think you should e - mail them and ask them for a list of countries without medical schools. Maybe e - mail them again but from another e - mail address to make sure they're telling the truth? :erm:
goodboy4444

well, just make sure your introduction grabs your readers attention....and make sure it summarizes everything in the body and has a central theme....Mine started with " I would have to admit that I have never had that epiphany or that deep realization that I was born to become a doctor. Instead my path to medicine has gradually.....blah blah blah..."

I think my first sentence immediately grabs the readers attention.. ( which is one of the things you want when someone is reading your P.S)

Good luck
gildartz
how about:

I like. :laugh:
Sparkly-Star
I just tried to see if I could find countries that didn't have medical schools but that's kinda hard to find, I think you should e - mail them and ask them for a list of countries without medical schools. Maybe e - mail them again but from another e - mail address to make sure they're telling the truth? :erm:

Good idea!!!! I will give that a shot........I just feel so angry about what the lady told me... I suppose I really love Manchester.....but the school is letting me down...!!!!:o:

I honestly think the lady was high or tipsy or something...
I don't have anything to demonstrate leadership skills?

Anyone have any ideas?
garlicbreadman
I don't have anything to demonstrate leadership skills?

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you ever organised anything in school?
Jonty99
Have you ever organised anything in school?

Nope/ :woo:

I have got more or less everything covered inc. Team-work which i am going to mention working in a fast-food outlet, cos' communication is vital, especially when you are under pressure during busy times.

But for Leadership...I don't know!!!!!
garlicbreadman
Nope/ :woo:

I have got more or less everything covered inc. Team-work which i am going to mention working in a fast-food outlet, cos' communication is vital, especially when you are under pressure during busy times.

But for Leadership...I don't know!!!!!

Hmm I dunno. Are you a prefect, have you ever done Duke of Ed, play in any sports teams? I'm just thinking of the obvious things though lol.
Jonty99
Hmm I dunno. Are you a prefect, have you ever done Duke of Ed, play in any sports teams? I'm just thinking of the obvious things though lol.

I'm not a prefect, I never did DofE. I have never played in a sports team.
:eek3:
Reply 1996
so how many work experience places do you guys have?
Craydot
so how many work experience places do you guys have?

2 in 2 different hospitals, got another week in a hospital and still got a GP placement to do

Would it count as leadership if I said I organised Pizza night where I volunteer - everyone made their own pizzas.

;confused;
Reply 1998
:rofl: This thread has started to become packed with competitive nosey applicants. :colone:
It's not about how many. But I've been on four. I could go on another if I find the time. I only really learned alot from two of them though and I am planning to focus my PS around that because it was such an enlightening experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending