The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eddie_90
They were as bad as each other to be honest

Hmmmm, I still feel that Hitler is more evil, from a purely subjective viewpoint. He intended to wipe out races and commit genocide. There was something chillingly calculated about his organised gas chambers in the extermination camps.

Then again, Stalin put huge numbers into Gulags which were essentially death camps. But it always seemed to me like a less clinical approach to murder than the Nazis and it seemed like Hitler had the ambition to kill far more people than Stalin did.

Then again, possibly I think Hitler was worse because I know more about the atrocities he commited. I only studied Stalin for a short while.
Vivisteiner
Hmmmm, I still feel that Hitler is more evil, from a purely subjective viewpoint. He intended to wipe out races and commit genocide. There was something chillingly calculated about his organised gas chambers in the extermination camps.

Then again, Stalin put huge numbers into Gulags which were essentially death camps. But it always seemed to me like a less clinical approach to murder than the Nazis and it seemed like Hitler had the ambition to kill far more people than Stalin did.

Then again, possibly I think Hitler was worse because I know more about the atrocities he commited. I only studied Stalin for a short while.

Well this is why I think they're as bad as each other, it's difficult to pin down levels of evil.

Perhaps a historian should make a list of "pros" and "cons" about dictators, rank their actions on an 'evil scale' of 1 to 10 (1 being 'is evil enough to not tip at restaurants where 10 is stamping on puppies and kittens kind of evil)

Then create a kind of league table to fully decide who is 'the daddy' of dictators...

...I think I got a bit too into that idea...
Eddie_90
Well this is why I think they're as bad as each other, it's difficult to pin down levels of evil.

Perhaps a historian should make a list of "pros" and "cons" about dictators, rank their actions on an 'evil scale' of 1 to 10 (1 being 'is evil enough to not tip at restaurants where 10 is stamping on puppies and kittens kind of evil)

Then create a kind of league table to fully decide who is 'the daddy' of dictators...

...I think I got a bit too into that idea...

Yeah, although stamping on puppies and kittens isn't that evil. :tongue:
Reply 83
SiaSiaSia
I'm a fan of him on facebook.

That's about as funny as people wearing Che T-shirts thinking it makes them rebellious.
Stalins actions were of course unforgiveable in hindsight, but its a matter of 'for the greater good'. He had some tough decisions, I think he was a brilliant leader, he brought russia back from the brink of defeat and overturned the fascist nazi regime. credit where credits due. I am not condoning him, merely commenting on his leadership
Reply 85
Nazi agenda vs. Stalinist agenda

USSR was the most diverse 'nation' on earth. America eat your heart out.
Reply 86
Vivisteiner
No need to be a gramma Nazi. :wink:

Anyway, I said 'badder' on purpose since later on I described my sentence sarcastically as an 'advanced summary'. The 'badder' was used to highlight that sarcasm.

but i likes being a gramma Nazi.

oh wells
borismor
That's about as funny as people wearing Che T-shirts thinking it makes them rebellious.

I love how you're trying to make a witty analogy against my decision to join a Stalin facebook group. :cool:

Though I do agree with the Che thing

Latest

Trending

Trending