The Student Room Group

Alevel History Coursework help!!

I’am doing Russia as my a level history NEA course work and was wondering if any one knew of any historians who had written positively about Alexander III, Nicholas II , Lenin or Stalin. It’s just I’m finding it incredibly hard to find any.
Any sort of help would be so useful!!!! ☺️
Original post by Charlhap
I’am doing Russia as my a level history NEA course work and was wondering if any one knew of any historians who had written positively about Alexander III, Nicholas II , Lenin or Stalin. It’s just I’m finding it incredibly hard to find any.

Try searching using phrases such as "pro Stalin historians".
Original post by Charlhap
Have you tried soviet historians? I imagine they'd be fairly positive on their view of Russian history which led to the building of the USSR
historians like Orlando Figes and Robert Service have written about Soviet Russia/Stalin but not too sure about their viewpoint
you don't need to read their books in depth, just read the introduction. Most scholarly works do a review of the historiography of the subject and if historians have written positively they will be referenced in some way. You can usually get free access to introductions on the samples shown on amazon or google books. You could also look at an American historian who has a more nuanced view of Russia and its former empire, Ronald Suny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending