The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Alexandra1234567
You sound so exciting :tongue:.

Order a fizzy water with a slice of bloody lemon in it then! Haha.

This might not be doing my rapidly decreasing image any favours but, I don't like fizzy stuff :p:

And la banana, I'm allergic to nachos :p:

I'm sure I could buy someone else a drink or something though, if I felt someone worthy enough!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
la_banane_verte
Or if you don't want to drink, you could get nachos!

I was going to endorse nachos :biggrin: Definitely a good idea IMO :smile:

Edit: :eek: allergic to nachos?! :frown: We must find a pub which sells things that you like, Meteorshower! Or... can we feed you on pub quizzes?

Edit-Edit: Or we can hide you under the table and sneak glasses of water to you :wink: Nah... it there's nothing you want, you needn't spend money pointlessly. I do feel bad encouraging people to take up lots of space in a pub if only a few people buy things, though.
Meteorshower
This might not be doing my rapidly decreasing image any favours but, I don't like fizzy stuff :p:

And la banana, I'm allergic to nachos :p:

I'm sure I could buy someone else a drink or something though, if I felt someone worthy enough!

Oh wow :lolwut:

Haha!
ImperceptibleNinja
I was going to endorse nachos :biggrin: Definitely a good idea IMO :smile:

Edit: :eek: allergic to nachos?! :frown: We must find a pub which sells things that you like, Meteorshower! Or... can we feed you on pub quizzes?

Edit-Edit: Or we can hide you under the table and sneak glasses of water to you :wink: Nah... it there's nothing you want, you needn't spend money pointlessly. I do feel bad encouraging people to take up lots of space in a pub if only a few people buy things, though.

I do feel bad about sitting in places and not eating/drinking anything but i've gotten used to it, i'm allergic to wheat and milk and my taste in drinks doesn't make it easy :p:

Pub quizzes however, I have a healthy appetite for :cool:
Meteorshower
I do feel bad about sitting in places and not eating/drinking anything but i've gotten used to it, i'm allergic to wheat and milk and my taste in drinks doesn't make it easy :p:

We will have to hunt down a pub quiz for you then :biggrin:
Meteorshower

I have come to a conclusion and a solution to the aforementioned problem.

I will purchase two drinks.
I'm up for it, so long as I have no schedule conflicts. Sounds great!
Reply 47
The Rule seems like a good place to go, no loud music, good atmosphere, cheapish drinks and good food!
I would like to say the Whey Pat! Most notably for the nachos, but it's also quiet and has JENGA and the odd pub quiz :smile:
Reply 49
TheNorth
The Rule seems like a good place to go, no loud music, good atmosphere, cheapish drinks and good food!

However, the rule has got a little bit up itself on occasion in terms of letting people in, so no-one wear trackies if you're going there.
I'll try and come along - keep Meteorshower company in the water drinking department! :redface: Maybe I'll stretch to a Diet Coke.
Reply 51
I'm in, Deadchicken owes me a drink for the amazing company on the trip up.
Reply 52
ImperceptibleNinja
We will have to hunt down a pub quiz for you then :biggrin:

maybe the raisin will repeat its pub quiz which had a ridiculous number of pints as a prize (100 or something)
DeadChicken
I have come to a conclusion and a solution to the aforementioned problem.

I will purchase two drinks.

Genius :p:
Square
maybe the raisin will repeat its pub quiz which had a ridiculous number of pints as a prize (100 or something)

If I get in tomorrow I will be pushing this, absolutely this.
Reply 55
Square

Hahaha. Do you get like a swipe card or something? because you couldn't drink them all in one go, even if there were like 8 on a team...

I think we'd have a pretty good pub quiz team to be honest. Ekyroptic is good on history. Square on maths and science. My knowledge of Pokemon and Robot Wars is unrivalled.

:cool: :cool:

Alexandra1234567
If I get in tomorrow I will be pushing this, absolutely this.

:frown: I was so nervous this time last year XD. Good luck everyone!

edit:

16:42 Alexandra: ARGH
17:05 Alexandra is offline.

hahaha :smile:
Reply 56
M_E_X
Hahaha. Do you get like a swipe card or something? because you couldn't drink them all in one go, even if there were like 8 on a team...

I think we'd have a pretty good pub quiz team to be honest. Ekyroptic is good on history. Square on maths and science. My knowledge of Pokemon and Robot Wars is unrivalled.

edit:

AFAIK you get vouchers for 4 pint pitchers.

there was also a bonus round where one of the bar staff hid somewhere in st andrews and the first person to find her and bring her back one 10 points and 2 pitchers.
M_E_X

edit:

Haha James!!!
:redface:
You could have at least replied to my frenzied ARGH :tongue:
Oxy
I'm in, Deadchicken owes me a drink for the amazing company on the trip up.

Clearly that is how it works....
Reply 59
Slumpy
However, the rule has got a little bit up itself on occasion in terms of letting people in, so no-one wear trackies if you're going there.

Seriously? wtf is with that?

Latest

Trending

Trending