The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick freshers

I know Warwick used to have lectures during freshers but u heard they recently changed that. Is this true?
Original post by rebeccaconnerr
I know Warwick used to have lectures during freshers but u heard they recently changed that. Is this true?

I don't know if that was ever the case, but you do have meetings/lecture like things that you have to attend. For my department, it essentially consisted of a welcome to the department and various ways for us as students to meet each other and to get settled in as well as meeting a few older students. I don't know if this is the same for all departments but my flatmates who I talked to during freshers week seemed like they had some similar things.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by rebeccaconnerr

Yep, Warwick were relatively late to the whole "freshers week" thing, they didn't have one until 2018 (despite 10+ years of students trying to get one before then! https://theboar.org/2016/09/warwick-su-petition-freshers-week/).

They now have Welcome Week in the week before lectures start, which is the usual mix of social events, campus tours, sports taster sessions, society and sports club fairs, and a few course induction events, as is the case at most unis.

Quick Reply

Latest