The Student Room Group

Revoked from university too late

hi i was in freshers week at ABA Academy Luton. I was very surprised that I wasn't on the list. The admins told me I have to wait another two weeks. Last Sunday I got an email asking me to choose which day I would I visited the fresh week, I chose 26/09/2023 but as I told you earlier I found out that I am not on the list. After 2 weeks the admision team told me that 100 people we are on hold.Today i received a mail that they told me that my aplication is revoked.Is this legal, becouse i had a mail that i am enroled, and i sign the condutional offer.And they reject me on 05 october.Now is to late for me to applay in another university.My student finance is already aproved.Can i complain in this situation.
Original post by Gloriyaza
hi i was in freshers week at ABA Academy Luton. I was very surprised that I wasn't on the list. The admins told me I have to wait another two weeks. Last Sunday I got an email asking me to choose which day I would I visited the fresh week, I chose 26/09/2023 but as I told you earlier I found out that I am not on the list. After 2 weeks the admision team told me that 100 people we are on hold.Today i received a mail that they told me that my aplication is revoked.Is this legal, becouse i had a mail that i am enroled, and i sign the condutional offer.And they reject me on 05 october.Now is to late for me to applay in another university.My student finance is already aproved.Can i complain in this situation.

What was the reason your "aplication is revoked"? Normally, this would only happen if there was evidence that your application was fraudulent in some way.

Also, last Sunday was 1st October. So "Last Sunday I got an email asking me to choose which day I would I visited the fresh week, I chose 26/09/2023..." makes no sense. You chose a date in the past?!
Reply 2
Talk to the college.
Did you ever formally enrol there?
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
What was the reason your
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Did you ever formally enrol there?

They sen me mail that i am successfuly enroled as a full time studen.my husband had the same mail and the same future in ABA Academy
Reply 6
[QUOTE="Gloriyaza;98851966"]
What was the reason your

They send me this mail (
Offer revoked due to: Not being shortlisted by the University; not meeting the eligibility requirements; registration date passed; other

reasons.

)

They send me this mail (
Offer revoked due to: Not being shortlisted by the University; not meeting the eligibility requirements; registration date passed; other

reasons.

)

Very odd, you'd presumably met all those if you were unconditional and enrolled. I would call the admissions office and try and get them to clarify why you've been withdrawn.

They send me this mail (

reasons.

)

OK. Let's check these one by one:

"Not being shortlisted by the University" - Well, clearly you were shortlisted, because you managed to enrol!

"not meeting the eligibility requirements" - Do you know what eligibility requirements they're referring to? Have you any reason to suspect that you're not eligible for some reason? Which course did you apply for? Some may have specific eligibility rules, or a DBS check, etc.

"registration date passed" - You said earlier that "i had a mail that i am enroled"; is registration different to enrolment, perhaps? Is there a separate registration process which you missed?

"other reasons" - Well, that's a tad vague!

As @Admit-One says, you need to call the admissions team and ask them specifically why the offer was revoked. Be prepared to challenge what they tell you. If they say you registered too late, immediately provide your enrolment date; if they say you didn't meet the eligibility requirements, have them specify which eligibility requirement, etc. Only by asking questions will you find out specifically what they think the issue is, and be in a position to challenge it.
Reply 9
OK. Let's check these one by one:

"Not being shortlisted by the University" - Well, clearly you were shortlisted, because you managed to enrol!

"not meeting the eligibility requirements" - Do you know what eligibility requirements they're referring to? Have you any reason to suspect that you're not eligible for some reason? Which course did you apply for? Some may have specific eligibility rules, or a DBS check, etc.

"registration date passed" - You said earlier that "i had a mail that i am enroled"; is registration different to enrolment, perhaps? Is there a separate registration process which you missed?

"other reasons" - Well, that's a tad vague!

As @Admit-One says, you need to call the admissions team and ask them specifically why the offer was revoked. Be prepared to challenge what they tell you. If they say you registered too late, immediately provide your enrolment date; if they say you didn't meet the eligibility requirements, have them specify which eligibility requirement, etc. Only by asking questions will you find out specifically what they think the issue is, and be in a position to challenge it.

the admins are incompetent in this university.back in june i passed my interview successfully.they forgot to tell me that i have to take an english test.after a week they sent me a link with an oxfordshire test.but without any explanation that it is an online test.even my representative told you, me, this is access to a page where I can help myself at the university, in August they sent me an email saying that I have to pass the test, I went and did it. if I am late with the registration, it is their fault, because I went on the 26 to enroll and they returned me. their words were that in their system everything is fine with my application. buckingham university had to decide. they knew nothing and many students were with my complaint. they call you to enroll and they return yes you wait for days and they tell you not to worry
the admins are incompetent in this university.back in june i passed my interview successfully.they forgot to tell me that i have to take an english test.after a week they sent me a link with an oxfordshire test.but without any explanation that it is an online test.even my representative told you, me, this is access to a page where I can help myself at the university, in August they sent me an email saying that I have to pass the test, I went and did it. if I am late with the registration, it is their fault, because I went on the 26 to enroll and they returned me. their words were that in their system everything is fine with my application. buckingham university had to decide. they knew nothing and many students were with my complaint. they call you to enroll and they return yes you wait for days and they tell you not to worry

OK. Have you followed @Admit-One's advice to "call the admissions office and try and get them to clarify why you've been withdrawn" and my repetition to "call the admissions team and ask them specifically why the offer was revoked"?

If you don't talk to them, you're not going to get this resolved.
I'd try +44 (0)1280 820227, (confusingly I think this a Buckingham Uni number, but they award some ABA degrees. I don't know if it's the right number for your specific course).

If that's no joy, +44 203 701 1184 and ask for the person that sent the email or the general admissions team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending