The Student Room Group

Your Ideal Body - Post Pictures :)

Scroll to see replies

My body is about the same as the one on the right. I'm currently trying to work on losing some wobbly bits so that I'm inbetween her and the middle one in size. I love my curves and don't want to lose them by getting TOO thin. Then again, my body has always naturally held weight in my boobs, hips and thighs. :redface:
Reply 223
Shape wise:

Weight wise: (Because, while the first model has a beautiful waistline, she is overall far too thin for my liking.)

Reply 225
Alexa Chung. She is just so :coma:

Oh no OP, what have you done, very very naughty :tongue:
Reply 227
Reply 228
Original post by boromir9111
Oh no OP, what have you done, very very naughty :tongue:

how is it naughty?
Original post by sgray34

lol'd hard.
Original post by BBYoungLady
how is it naughty?

Figure it out :tongue:
Original post by PrimateJ
The effect in this case is not as extreme as you would like to think it is. Kelly Brook is stunning, and there are women in this world who have incredibly beautiful bodies without the help of airbrushing. These are the genetic elites.

The mistake you're making is not just comparing yourself to airbrushed girls, but comparing yourself to the top 5% of girls beauty-wise, the ones who are over-represented in the media.

They exist, I'm afraid. And not just in airbrushed form.

She is very attractive, but that photo looks very airbrushed. Search for chubby photos of her and you can see the difference.

Why should I be afraid? Of course I realise very attractive people exist without airbrushing - good for them. Of course the models and celebs are attractive before airbrushing, they're just not PERFECT as they are perceived to be.

I just don't agree with aspiring to images that are airbrushed. Almost all images in magazines, adverts, media are to some degree 'enhanced' or manipulated. It is sad to see people who want to look like an image that isn't real.

Why do you assume I am comparing myself to them?
You have no idea what I look like or how I perceive myself.

The fact that I don't agree with the extent of image manipulation has no bearing on my own appearance.

Disagreeing with such digital image manipulation does not reflect ones own appearance.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's a fair assumption that you're a chubster trying to alleviate the cognitive dissonance. "Search for chubby photos of her" is too inane not to reveal the emotional component of your points. Regardless, there are women like that.
Amanda Seyfried has an amazing body...

Human body shapes are soo last year
Reply 235
Achievable?
Original post by Panda cares

Original post by Panda cares

Just want to be thin :P

Also her style is awesome :biggrin:

Trust me, from experience being thin's not all it's cracked up to be. Have stayed stubbornly under 100lbs for 3 years now and am around 5'6"... am always the quickest to get cold and have a very, well, twig like figure :redface:

Being skinny sucks - you're much better off aspiring to be healthy with a figure :smile: I'm still hoping!
Original post by zxh800
Achievable?

Definitely if you're willing to stick with a decent diet and a decent routine.
Original post by PrimateJ
Lmao. You've never lifted weights before have you.

Looking at his body in some other pics he does look a bit bigger, but it's still not that difficult to achieve. When I started lifting I was given a program by a strength coach who has trained with some of the top trainers in the world. This program was also based around my rowing training so I was doing 1 leg session per week on a similar thing to the WS4SB template.

I packed on 35lbs of mass in little over 5 months and could have been more commited if I'm honest. I was 6' 190lbs by the end of it and by the time I cut down to competition (Henley) weight I was 185lbs ripped. That was on the 6 month mark when I was just about to turn 17.

I'm 18 6'2 now and haven't really been hitting the gym but weigh about 200lbs and reckon I'd still be able to rep 220kg full squats. So please don't give me some half baked BS about never lifting weights before. Frankly you're talking ****.

Jim Wendler puts 50lbs on some of his athletes in the first 6 months. Joe Defranco has kids (some of whom I talk to on facebook) putting on 20lbs of lean mass in little over 20 weeks.

That guy has fairly decent shoulders/chests/arms, and his quads look a little behind and to most people he has a good body. The most impressive thing about him is really his low body fat. He looks about the 6% range.

My body looked like that (a little less ripped, delts not so big, but legs much bigger) in 9 months when I'd spent post Henley training putting a little more emphasis on my shoulders/arms, and cutting up and my genetics aren't much more than average. Heck, I trained with guys at the gym last summer who were pretty weedy who are now nearly as big as that guy. He's nothing special, and if he's taking steroids then that's hilarious.

*edit*

Looked on his facebook page and in some of the pics now he looks big and still shredded. In the older pics though - some posted on here - the pictures don't make him look that big. My point is though that you can gain 30 - 40 lean pounds in 6-8 months with good genetics. Which providing you had a mesomorphic frame, would give you very much the same body as this zyzz guy's pics from a few pages back. zyzz has said he's 6'1 195 ripped and was 205lbs when more built up. But there are people on t-nation / bodybuilding.com saying he's definitely shorter (apparently he's said he's 5'11 before) and so in proportion he'd likely be 185-190. That's not that big.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by revisionnightmare
Looking at his body in some other pics he does look a bit bigger, but it's still not that difficult to achieve. When I started lifting I was given a program by a strength coach who has trained with some of the top trainers in the world. This program was also based around my rowing training so I was doing 1 leg session per week on a similar thing to the WS4SB template.
He has relatively wide clavicles/narrow hips and low attaching lats, which is always going to make him look bigger than he is. Those are purely genetic.
I packed on 35lbs of mass in little over 5 months and could have been more commited if I'm honest. I was 6' 190lbs by the end of it and by the time I cut down to competition (Henley) weight I was 185lbs ripped. That was on the 6 month mark when I was just about to turn 17.
Newbie gains in a good environment is not something most people get.
I'm 18 6'2 now and haven't really been hitting the gym but weigh about 200lbs and reckon I'd still be able to rep 220kg full squats. So please don't give me some half baked BS about never lifting weights before. Frankly you're talking ****.
It's very unusual to be able to rep 5 plates on the squat. So don't say anything about being 'genetically average' as if a 5 plate full squat is easy to achieve. That's balls.
Jim Wendler puts 50lbs on some of his athletes in the first 6 months. Joe Defranco has kids (some of whom I talk to on facebook) putting on 20lbs of lean mass in little over 20 weeks.
Entirely true
That guy has fairly decent shoulders/chests/arms, and his quads look a little behind and to most people he has a good body. The most impressive thing about him is really his low body fat. He looks about the 6% range.
Entirely true.
My body looked like that (a little less ripped, delts not so big, but legs much bigger) in 9 months when I'd spent post Henley training putting a little more emphasis on my shoulders/arms, and cutting up and my genetics aren't much more than average. Heck, I trained with guys at the gym last summer who were pretty weedy who are now nearly as big as that guy. He's nothing special, and if he's taking steroids then that's hilarious.

I'm not saying he's big. But most people won't get there in 9 months. Even if they do nearly everything 'right'

Quick Reply

Latest