The Student Room Group

I hate rude men

how can I sift out the nice guys from the rude guys. I hate men who are conceited and alpha male howver I seem to attract attention of these sort of men. A lot of my guy friends have said that I come across as a *****/tart based on my appearance however my personality is the complete opposite (I'm really reserved and introverted). I feel like this may be what's off putting for nice/shy reserved guys from talking to me. how can I ensure that I don't attract rude men?
Reply 1
How we appear to others tends attract certain types. The good nice guys might be shy from approaching you. Good guys with genuine plans for their future partner will prefer a lady that is down to earth and not attention seeking with how they dress or act.

My advice would be to do something different with regards to what your guy friends suggests and you will definitely get a different outcome. Don’t keep doing the same things and expecting a different result that’s the definition of……… you get the picture
Reply 2
Original post by medievilq
How we appear to others tends attract certain types. The good nice guys might be shy from approaching you. Good guys with genuine plans for their future partner will prefer a lady that is down to earth and not attention seeking with how they dress or act.

My advice would be to do something different with regards to what your guy friends suggests and you will definitely get a different outcome. Don’t keep doing the same things and expecting a different result that’s the definition of……… you get the picture

my clothes are my clothes though and I don’t feel like they have to define me same as my body and my face people have described me as naturally pretty and curvy and these are things I can’t change about myself. Im not saying these don’t define me as they are a part of who I am but my clothes shouldn’t be considered so much a ‘part of me’
What about me? I’m nice and also introverted.
Reply 4
The bets thing is to accept that people can not be the same, and we different in terms of personality, therefore take the positive aspect of the individual and assume the rudeness and not in way should you try to change them but find ways of dealing with them positively. One advantage i know of introvert is that staying introvert and dynamic can offer a balanced approach to life, allowing individuals to harness the strengths of both characteristics
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
my clothes are my clothes though and I don’t feel like they have to define me same as my body and my face people have described me as naturally pretty and curvy and these are things I can’t change about myself. Im not saying these don’t define me as they are a part of who I am but my clothes shouldn’t be considered so much a ‘part of me’

Well since you have been doing it your way and getting the same results, why post on here for advice when you don’t plan on changing anything because in your own words “my clothes are my clothes though and I don’t feel like they have to define me”.

In an ideal world clothes shouldn’t define anyone but in reality your clothes speaks for you as a first impression before you say anything. It’s the same way girls will say they are attracted to personality on their dating bio but blank any guy that is under 6” without even talking to them.

An ideal world is a scam. Harsh truth is you will keep getting what you put out. If u keep dressing a certain way, then don’t complain when only certain guys show interest in what you are advertising.

Try something different and weed out the bag eggs for your genuine prince. Even if it’s a temporary experiment on a change in your physical appearance. You will be surprised as to what turns up when you have a different outlook in your search.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending