The Student Room Group

Taking the next step......

Hi! Hope you can help....

I've been (best) friends with a girl for about 18 months now, and if I am being honest, I am now in love with her! I really just wanted to be friends, but these feelings can't go away. It's horrible, that I just can't be friends with her!

I haven't a clue as to how she feels (my insticnt is she doesn't feel the same way, but I don't know for sure, and I'd regret it if I didn't ask, and life is way too short to have regrets.)

She's been working abroad last summer and is this summer. Now she has very recently split from her boyfriend, I now feel that I've got to seize my chance, because I have waited a year for them to split! I'd be gutted if I found out in say 3 months she was with someone new, and I hadn't even had asked the question!

Now 2 questions really...

1. If I ask her out and she say's no, this great friendship we've got will be destroyed won't it!? I've never done anything like this before so I am really not sure how it works!!

2. How long would you wait bearing in mind she is only recently single. She is still pretty upset over the split, and just won't talk about it, telling me earlier, she just wants to forget it!

You wait forever for them to split up, thinking life would be much straightforward when it happens, but it's more complicated! Any advice would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks xx
Reply 1
Hi! Hope you can help....

I've been (best) friends with a girl for about 18 months now, and if I am being honest, I am now in love with her! I really just wanted to be friends, but these feelings can't go away. It's horrible, that I just can't be friends with her!

I haven't a clue as to how she feels (my insticnt is she doesn't feel the same way, but I don't know for sure, and I'd regret it if I didn't ask, and life is way too short to have regrets.)

She's been working abroad last summer and is this summer. Now she has very recently split from her boyfriend, I now feel that I've got to seize my chance, because I have waited a year for them to split! I'd be gutted if I found out in say 3 months she was with someone new, and I hadn't even had asked the question!

Now 2 questions really...

1. If I ask her out and she say's no, this great friendship we've got will be destroyed won't it!? I've never done anything like this before so I am really not sure how it works!!

2. How long would you wait bearing in mind she is only recently single. She is still pretty upset over the split, and just won't talk about it, telling me earlier, she just wants to forget it!

You wait forever for them to split up, thinking life would be much straightforward when it happens, but it's more complicated! Any advice would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks xx
Sure ask her out now....if you just want to be a meaningless rebound fling.

If not, then bide your time, at least a couple of months. If she likes you (IF!!!!!) and if it's meant to be then it will happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
Reply 3
Original post by sophisticated
Sure ask her out now....if you just want to be a meaningless rebound fling.

If not, then bide your time, at least a couple of months. If she likes you (IF!!!!!) and if it's meant to be then it will happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

Thank you and I tend to agree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending