The Student Room Group

Gcse mature applicants find it harder in the future?

so the goverment are scrapping gcses! do you guys think applicants with A* and As at school (A grades at A level) would struggle to get in places like oxford in ten years or so when the new qualification is considered the new norm and/or superior.
Reply 1
Unless A levels are similarly re-booted, I can't imagine that it will make the slightest bit of difference.
Mature students are generally assessed on their most recent study. There is no point comparing GCSEs from now, to what they were 10 years ago, for grade inflation is too apparent, and I'm sure universities realise this.

My girlfriend and I are mature students applying this year and our GCSEs, though stipulated on the UCAS form, were not queried by the uni, even at my interview. We're going to Nottingham.
Reply 3
Original post by Meat is Murder
Mature students are generally assessed on their most recent study. There is no point comparing GCSEs from now, to what they were 10 years ago, for grade inflation is too apparent, and I'm sure universities realise this.

My girlfriend and I are mature students applying this year and our GCSEs, though stipulated on the UCAS form, were not queried by the uni, even at my interview. We're going to Nottingham.

good luck hope you have a great time and get what you want out of uni :smile: cant wait to go myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending